7: Songbird

"I'm right here, Astraea." Conan smiles at me, his beautiful red hair waving with the slight breeze, contrasting against our pale scenery.

"Where are you, Conan?" I whimper, lifting my hand up to cup his cheek.

"I'm right here with you." He says, eyebrows scrunched like I've said something completely out of the question.

"You're not. They're hurting you, Conan!" I cry, knowing what I heard in the corridor, "They're torturing you!"

"They know you care for me." He twinkles, bitter sweetly, "They know I care for you. Alpha Niko is a selfish werewolf."

"Where have they put you?" I sob, lifting another hand to pull his face closer to mine.

"They found my blood. They've reunited us."

"Your blood? Who? Tell me!" I scream, as the white around us glows brighter.

"You will soon see, Astraea. I'm sorry." He weeps, tears rolling down his perfect face.

"How do you know my name? I never said." I wail as the wind contorts around us and our hair blows manically.

"They told me. A final gift. Knowing my last love's name." More tears fall from both of our eyes.

"Conan!" I scream.

"Astraea." He whispers.

And

The

Wind

Falls

Still

And

Wake.

                                                         ✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Beep. Beep. Beep. The steady sound of the heart monitor lets me know I'm alive, though it's not hard to tell. The room is white. White like my dream. Or was it a dream? The window is open and the blinds are pale, just like everything in this room. Just like me.

Mother told me once you found your mate you could barely keep your eyes from them, never mind leave the room when they are injured. Pale slits of light caress my body, dousing me in its warm rays. My body hurts, I'm not going to deny that, but not as much as you'd expect when falling from an ancient pine. 

It suddenly occurs to me as to whose home I'm in. Alpha Niko Greye. The werewolf claiming I'm his 'true love'. Absolute bullshit if you ask me. God, I need to get out of here before Niko gets attached. I know I'm super lovable with all my knives and everything but I'm really not looking to have a family and spend the rest of my days with a supernatural, especially an Alpha.

I struggle under the soft cotton sheets before managing to sit up. My movement must have caught the attention of someone outside because a bundle of men in white lab coats come rushing in.

"Luna! You must rest!" One of them exclaims.

Not this idiocy! 

"I am not your Luna." I reply, simply.

"But you are, Luna," A grander, more mature doctor enters the room and the younger ones make haste in moving out of his way, "I'm Doctor Willis, but you can call me Maddox." He holds out a hand. 

"Let me leave." I growl, refusing his respectful gesture.

"No can do, beautiful." Maddox smiles, patronizingly.