10: Divine

Living with Koda and Maddox is surprisingly enjoyable.

"Get out of bed, Astraea!" 

But it's times like these when I wish I lived alone.

"Why?" I whine, "It's like-" I roll over in my bed to check the time and sit up in surprise. It's eleven already!

"Yeah, exactly! Lazy ass." I hear Maddox mumble.

"Says you." I mumble as I shift myself out of bed.

"I heard that! You forget I'm a werewolf, darling!" He shouts and I giggle. Only now noticing the oh-so delicious scent of frying bacon, my mouth begins to water. I stumble down the stairs in a sleep, food-deprived daze not noticing the visitor sat on the couch. 

"Good morning Astr- Holy lord." Aca, Niko's beta, quickly averts his eyes from me and at first I wonder why. And then I realize in the fortnight I've been here I've become comfortable enough to run around the house in only a shirt and underwear.

"For god's sake, Maddox, word of warning next time, maybe?" I scream and sprint back towards the stairs. Not wanting to miss breakfast, I tug on a pair of jeans and match them with a plan white tee. 

"My apologies, Aca." I smile, cheeks flushed. Aca is the only other wolf I have grown accustomed to besides Maddox and Koda.

"Minx." Maddox mutters from the kitchen.

"Entirely your fault, Doxie. You could have warned me." I scold.

"Gosh, for a human your hearing is impeccable." Maddox compliments.

"No, it's sort of a pick and choose thing. My ears only choose to pick out the most annoying voices from the crowd." I tease.

"Now you be careful, missy, it's me cooking your bacon here and I might just have a few extra rashers for myself." Maddox laughs and I fake gasp.

"You wouldn't!" 

"Oh, I would!" Maddox taunts, picking up one of my precious slices. I jump into the kitchen and straight onto his back, though he was expecting this. His hands sneak round to grab my feet and he pulls me over his shoulders and dangles me upside down. God, he's so freaking strong!

"What the-"

"Hi Koda!" I attempt to shout but my mouth is full of bacon so it comes out in a garbled mess.

"Hi Astraea." He sighs, smiling. I'm sure they didn't know what they were signing up for when inviting me into their household.

"Hi love." Maddox greets, kissing Koda on the cheek. Their relationship is adorable. The stories I get from them are never ending. My personal favorite is Maddox returning to his family with Koda, declaring him as his mate. Doxie's family were accepting but they had absolutely no idea.

"Bacon, again?" Koda laughs.

"You know it's Raea's favorite." He chuckles back and I smile with my plate full of bacon. Nicknames were never something I had but Maddox using them really makes me feel comfortable.

"At least she's getting some meat on her bones." Koda smiles, pinching at me.

"Hey!" I bat his hands away, softly.

"Seriously, Raea you were dangerously underweight. How were you even alive?" Maddox questions from the stove.

"I was just fine, thank you very much." I reply.

"Well you are now, at least." Koda beams, nuzzling my cheek with his. Koda and Maddox treat me as though I'm they're child, and I'm not complaining. It gives me a warm feeling inside every time they show parental affection.