Chapter 2

Her giggle travelled across the table at lunch. It was light and airy and angelic.

Hinata started eating alone in the bathroom.

It was quiet and lonely, but to Hinata, it was better than seeing her and Kageyama.

When Hinata got home he cast a glance at Kageyama's sweater folded neatly on his bed. Kageyama hadn't asked him for it, so he had probably forgotten.

Hinata glanced down at his phone, feeling it vibrate in his pocket. He figured it was Yamaguchi. Hinata had managed to get him to toss to him, since Kageyama was busy. That being said Hinata rushed down to the park where Yamaguchi was waiting, Tsukishima standing protectively over his shoulder.

"Hi Hinata!" Yamaguchi exclaimed. Tsukishima just rolled his eyes. Typical.

"Hi."

For a few hours, they tossed to each other. The silence was replaced with small talk about school and the occasional complaint from Tsukishima about needing Yamaguchi for other stuff. Finally, the male with glasses stood up from his seat on the ground. His headphones were hanging around his neck, the sound of a song quietly playing drifting to Hinata's ears.

"Hinata, why don't you just get the Kageyama to toss for you? Or is he too busy doing king-ly things?" Tsukishima asked.

Yamaguchi started to snicker, but quickly stopped when he noticed Hinata's distraught expression. And that was when the floodgates opened, letting all of his pent up emotions out. Hinata felt the tears rolling down his cheeks, but he didn't care. He couldn't keep hiding the pain anymore. Muffled by his sobs, Hinata could make out Yamaguchi scolding Tsukki for making him cry and then trying to console his tiny teammate.

"Hey, don't cry Hinata! Tsukki didn't mean it!" Yamaguchi assured, sneaking a deadly glare to his blonde haired boyfriend. "Right Tsukki?"

Tsukishima rolled his eyes and miraculously apologized. "Hey, I'm sorry."

Hinata shook his head, wiping away the tears. "I-it's not that. I j-just..."

But he didn't really know.

"Then what's wrong?" Tsukishima asked, clearly getting annoyed.

"Does it have something to do with Kageyama?" Yamaguchi asked, placing a comforting hand on the orange haired boy's shoulder.

Without much thought, Hinata felt his head bob in a 'yes' motion.

Tsuki and Yams shared a glance, then turned back to Hinata.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

And surprisingly, Hinata heard himself say "yes."

And then he was rambling. Rambling about her, about how perfect she was, and about Kageyama, and how happy he was. And about himself, and how broken he was.

And Yams and Tsuki both listened.

"I... I think I love him." Hinata finally whispered, concluding his teary outburst.

Yamaguchi and Tsukishima just stood there, staring. Hinata cocked his head in confusion.

Then Yamaguchi wiped away a tear. "I'm so sorry Hinata! That's horrible!" he wailed.

Tsukki rolled his eyes again, but nonetheless wrapped an arm around his boyfriend's shoulders.

"Yeah. It is." Hinata murmured, looking down at the ground.

"Maybe you should try moving on." Tsukishima suggested, turning his attention from his weeping partner back to his teammate.

"How?" Hinata asked. How was he supposed to move on? He couldn't just pack up all his feelings for Kageyama and throw them away! That wasn't how it worked.

"Find someone else. I'm sure there's another person out there who's better than the King." Tsuki replied.

And so that was what Hinata did.

(Or tried to do)