Chapter 3

The sweater was still there when Hinata got home from his tossing session with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. Well, of course it was. It couldn't have grown legs and walked away. Hinata stared at it for a moment, trying to imagine how many times Kageyama had offered her one of his sweaters. Probably many times. Maybe he had even given her this sweater once. Just the idea made Hinata's spine shiver.

Trying to erase the thought from his mind, Hinata fell onto his bed and pulled out his phone. On his walk home he had tried imagining himself with anyone other than Kageyama, but it had been hard. There just wasn't anyone good enough that came to mind. None of the boy's in his school could compare. Then Hinata got an idea. Maybe the boy didn't have to be from his school. Opening the texting app, Hinata scrolled down to find Kenma's contact. Nekoma probably had some cute boys.

[8:30 PM]

tangerine : hiii wyd

gamercat : nthn much

wby?

tangerine : me 2. ik this is random, but i have a question

gamercat : k

tangerine : i want 2 get a bf and i was wondering if there were any cute boys @ ur school

gamercat : i see

well u can come by over the wknd and we can go ppl watching

tangerine : yessss sounds gr8

gamercat : bahaha ofc see u

Hinata let out a long sigh and put his phone on his chest. He knew that getting his mind off of Kageyama would be for the better. He also knew that constantly thinking about her was slowly ruining him.

Coach Ukai had noticed that Hinata's game hadn't been at his best recently, and he knew it was only a matter of time until it affected the team's overall play. Hinata knew couldn't let that happen over some stupid girl.

Stupidly perfect girl.

Hinata groaned into his pillow, angry that she had found a way to slip into his mind. She was always there, haunting him like a ghost. And in a way, she really was always there. She ate lunch with them, she was in class with them, she began walking home with them clutching onto Kageyama's arm like a leech that fed off of his affection. She had even started coming to their practices recently, standing in the sidelines and chatting with Yachi.

She seemed to be pulling Kageyama further and further away from Hinata, and it hurt. It broke Hinata to think that now he could barely talk to Kageyama without the leech showing up and taking him away.

But that was why he had to move on. That was why he was going to find someone new, someone even better than Kageyama. Not that he believed it was possible, but it was worth a shot.

Maybe then Hinata wouldn't feel so empty anymore.