Memory

(Please turn on the media for an immersive reading experience)

Narrator POV

Raven stood at the entrance of the tightly packed cafeteria carefully scanning the place, squinting her eyes. He had to be somewhere around...

"Ray!" She smiles to herself as the cheerful voice of her best friend reaches her. Raven wasn't really the one to smile. She didn't have much going on in her life that could make her smile too often and she didn't see the point in it. Maybe that was one of the reasons that led to her being known as an emo loner. She swears she is not a loner. She just hates human contact and is content with her life. The only few exceptions would be her mom, her roommate, and her best friend. Regardless, she finds herself smiling as she sees him. 

 Jimin sat there at the center, waving his arms around like a child. He wore an orange T-shirt and had a beanie over his head taming his fluffy bangs. The little silver bracelet he had dangled on his arm as he waved around his hands, the blue sapphire glinting in the low light of the cafeteria. 

Who wouldn't smile at that?

She moves towards their seat.

"Hello, Baby chick," Raven greets him as she takes her seat beside him.

"How was your day?" He asks as he offers you his warm smile.

"It was not... horrible," Raven replies, "What about yours?"

"Not many people made fun of my height considering the daily average. So, not bad, I guess." He says with a shrug. "Awww...Chim-Chim," Raven coos with an expression she hoped would appear sympathetic. She was so bad at it.

"I don't understand. There are many guys out there who are shorter than me, why do they only pick on me?"

"Maybe because you seem like an easy target?", She offered helpfully. Jimin purses his lips as he says, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Way to make me feel better, Ray." Raven chuckles at him as he slowly smiles. "What are your plans for the weekend then?" He asks.

"I don't have many assignments to complete so I'll be free. My roommate is going to visit her parents so I'll have the whole apartment for myself."

"Is that your subtle way of hinting that I should come over?"

"Well, you can if you want?" She shrugs, popping a fry in her mouth.

"I'm down for it. We can maybe watch some Netflix and Chill," He proposed wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Raven raises her arm threateningly. 

"Yah Jimin! Where did you learn that from?" She scowls, seemingly unabashed. Jimin rolls his eyes, "Despite what my Mama Bird believes, I am, in fact, an adult attending college. I am supposed to know these things."

"Shut up, you baby chick! You are still a fetus to me."

Jimin dramatically sighs as he rubs his temple, "Then I might have to resort to some other means to convince you," He replies, smirking like the little devil he is.

"Jimin if you don't stop I'll seriously hit you!" She warns.

Jimin giggled with mirth like a little kid. But suddenly, his smile faltered. His gaze shifted towards the side when an unexpected voice called out to him.

"Yo, midget!"

Many would argue against it but Raven believed that's when it all began.

Smile of an Angel

by