Present

(Turn in the media for an immersive reading experience.)

Second Person POV

Seokjin rushed out of his car, running towards the ER of Theresa Memorial Hospital. He didn't even bother to lock his car. Looking around at the crowded entrance, where patients milled around and nurses rushed by with doctors pushing stretchers, Seokjin spotted the glowing ER sign and ran towards the room. From the distance, he could see a lone figure, slumped down on one of the chairs hugging her knees. Her shoulders tensed and eyes wide and frozen at the door of the Operating theater. Seokjin ran up to her.

"Ray"

You flinch. Slowly you peek up to meet Seokjin's sympathetic eyes. Seeing someone familiar, you felt a faint relief but Jimin was still inside the ER and the doctors kept rushing in and out of the Operation Theater, your anxiety was slowly growing inside you. Seokjin placed a reassuring hand over your shoulders, "He'll be fine."

You wanted to believe it but you couldn't. A part of you blames yourself for what happened. When Jimin had declared that you were his, you were unsure of what you felt. You didn't know and you didn't want to know. You chose to ignore yourself and run away from everything you deemed complicated. It was the only way you could survive. You wanted your life to be simple. It was already complicated enough with your trauma and your past. So you chose to ignore it and go along with what came your way. It was simple enough.

Finding out about Jimin made life even more complicated and you did what you thought was simple enough. Leave him.

But seeing him lay down there in the cold marble floor of that basement almost lifeless, you knew you couldn't ignore it anymore. You couldn't leave him. You were trapped. It was dangerous.

Perhaps you should have kept your feelings hidden, pushed back, away from your thoughts. Perhaps then it would have been easier. But now that you've finally found the answer, it was getting harder and harder. It was getting even more complicated and you were scared.

Seokjin gave a gentle squeeze. "Breathe Raven."

You were holding your breath. You hadn't noticed. Seokjin patted gently on your shoulders trying to calm you. It was partly effective. You took a deep breath and buried your face onto your knees, hugging them closely

~~~

Narrator POV

Kim Namjoon stood near the vending machine that was just around the corner of the ER, wanting to give the girl that came with Park Jimin some space. His hoobae had been the one to receive the news. Namjoon was reviewing the dashcam footage of Robert's car for what felt like the 20th time when the news came. Right now their only piece of evidence they have against Park Jimin, the prime and only suspect of this crime was the DNA sample they got from a small hair they found on the bracelet. While the bracelet could prove that the suspect was at the crime scene, it did nothing to prove that he was the one who attempted the crime. The culprit, surely, was meticulous with his handiwork. He managed to erase everything except for the bracelet, which seemed like a major flaw in the plan. Namjoon closed his eyes as he focused on the dashcam recording. The culprit didn't even utter a single word...

That's when Kookie burst in through the door, "Sunbae!"

Leaning on the hospital wall Namjoon watched as Jungkook picked up the coke can from the vending machine. He wondered what the guy had been thinking when he decided to try to take his life. He had so many questions he wanted to aim at the girl that had come with him but seeing her frail, broken demeanor, he pushed them aside.

Jungkook tossed a can towards his Sunabe who effortlessly caught it with his right hand. Jungkook pulled open his own can and took a long gulp. Wiping the cool liquid that dribbled out of the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand, Jungkook turned towards his Sunbae. He hesitated for a moment before he asked, "Are you sure about it, Sunbae?"

"About what Kookie?"

"That this Park Jimin guy is the one who did it?" Jungkook asked, his brown doe eyes wide. Namjoon pursed his lips.

"Why?"

"It doesn't add up," Junkook replied. At his Sunbae's questioning gaze he further explained. "According to our forensics experts the guy was strangled from the front but we found the bracelet in the back of the car." Namjoon quirked an eyebrow, impressed at his Hoobae's observations. Suppressing a smile he urged Jungkook to go on.

"And see this," Jungkook fished out his phone and selected an image from his gallery. Zooming in on it, Namjoon noticed that it was a pic of the victim from when they went there to get his testimony. "The handprint on his neck," Jungkook pointed out zooming on the reddish bruise on his neck. "Isn't it a bit too large for that guy? I mean, when we called him in for questioning I noticed his hands. They were too small."

Raven perked up from her seat. Unbeknownst to them, Raven was listening in on them from her seat. What did they mean? Raven didn't know what she was doing but if there was even the slightest possibility that Jimin was innocent, she was willing to risk it. For once in her life, she was willing to fight. It didn't matter anymore. Raven knew it was foolish but she was willing to hang onto that hope. She was desperate. Straining her ears, Raven listened as the two police officers who were there for Jimin conversed about the case.

"I know Jungkook nothing really fits. I tried listening to that black box recording for hours. There is almost no evidence. But we can't entirely be sure either. For all, we know he might be the real culprit. Maybe he was in the back of the car. Maybe the bracelet fell there while they were struggling. We can't be sure of anything at this point, Jungkook."

Raven squeezed her fingers into a fist. She was determined. If they couldn't see it. She'll have to find out and show it to them herself. Bracing herself she looked to the side to see Seokjin staring at her, mouth mildly agape. He seemed to have realized something as he wore an expression of hurt.

"Sunbae, I think..."

"Jimin is not the culprit." Seokjin finished the sentence for her. "D-does that mean I-I made him-" Seokjin looked towards the door of the ER, his fingers trembling.

"No, Sunbae. You didn't know."

"Ah, I..." Seokjin couldn't go on. He slumped down in his seat, his eyes wide in shock.

"Sunbae, Look here," Raven commanded, taking his hands in hers, looking at him straight in the eye. "If you think this is your fault then do something. Help me prove that Jimin is innocent."

Seokjin looked up, his eyes shining with fierce determination and Raven took that as a good sign.

"What do you want me to do?"

A/N: What do you think? Is Jimin really innocent or is it just Raven's desperation?