Memory

Turn on the media for an immersive reading experience.

Raven stood near the big grandfather tree on her campus as she waited for Jimin. He was taking too long and she was getting tired of waiting. She fished out her sketchbook and began working on a portrait she had recently started. The autumn breeze felt nice against her skin and she moved the stray strand of her hair that had blown over to her face as she drew intricate lines in her book with a purpose. Slowly the lines met and multiplied, and the face started to form beneath her fingertips. Humming a light tune she continued to work when she felt someone peeking from over her shoulder.

"Oh! It's me." Jimin announced, happily from behind causing her to squeak in surprise. She suddenly covers the drawing. "Hey! You are not supposed to look." She cries trying to send him a glare but ultimately failing at it.

"I saw them anyway and it's fantastic." 

Raven uncovered her drawing and squinted her eyes at it. "You think so?" She asks but the question was aimed at herself, "I feel like I am missing something. Something just doesn't feel right."

"I don't see a problem with it," Jimin replies, looking back and forth between her and the drawing.

"Well, I don't know, something just tells me it's not right."

"Is that some kind of artistic interpretation only artsy people like you would understand?" He asks, playfully handing her back the sketchbook.

"Hey, you are talking as if you are not an artist yourself?"

"I'm a writer. I write books, not draw."

"Writing is also an art. It's called Language Arts." Raven pointed out, pointing the tip of her pencil at Jimin.

"Whatever," He says as they both get up. She didn't expect to suddenly find themselves face to face with the senior from the cafeteria. A smirk forms on his face, "Oh! It's the midget and his little friend." He says acting surprised as his cronies behind him sniggers. She clenches her fist.

"How ya doing missy?" He asks turning to her as he gives her a once over. Raven felt disgusted. His smirk widens more into a cruel grin. He takes a five-dollar bill out of his pocket and waves it in front of her face, "Why don't you go get a coke for me?" She grits her teeth as her temper flares.

"Come on my arm's hurting. Or would you rather your 'friend' go fetch it for you?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll do it." Jimin intervenes, protectively pushing her behind him. The senior raises an eyebrow, amused. "Fine, here." He replies by slamming the bill on his forehead. Raven couldn't hold it in anymore. She had always let him take care of her while he took all the blows. She had always stood there watching and she was sick of it. She has to do something. She gathers up her courage to finally open her mouth when an unfamiliar male voice interrupts her.

"That's enough Jason." A heavy falsetto voice ordered.

"K-Kim?" Jason turned back his eyes wide and Raven saw the source of the voice. There stood a man in his twenties, with jet black hair and dark-rimmed glasses. He had broad wide shoulders, was quite tall, and calling him handsome would be an understatement.

"If you want something why don't you go get it yourself? Or should I report you for what happened in the science lab?"

Jason, the senior, visibly paled.

"Leave" The effect was instantaneous. Jason quickly left with his cronies, after sending a quick glare towards Jimin. Raven and Jimin turn back towards the new guy. She couldn't believe that the guy had such authority over him. She wondered what happened in the science lab.

"That guy is at it again, huh?" He tsks shaking his head as he turns towards the wide-eyed pair and smiles.

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself, have I? I am Kim Seokjin from the psychology department." He introduces himself stretching his hands towards Raven. She awkwardly shook his hands, "Raven Moon, majoring in Fine arts. This is Jimin, literature department." She replied gesturing towards her side where Jimin stood shyly observing the Senior. Seokjin shakes his hands nodding at him.

"Ah, Jimin, I know you. You are the one who wrote that short story, right? What was it "Of Moon and Stars"? It was amazing! The ending was so sad and beautiful."

"Thank you" Jimin meekly replies with a slight blush painting his cheeks.

"You're welcome. By the way, if that guy bothers you guys again just tell me, alright?"

"Um... sure, thank you Seokjin." Raven replies reluctantly.

"Just call me Jin or The Handsome Sunbae. Either will do." He replied, shooting her a wink. Raven smiles. This guy doesn't seem that bad.

"I'll get going then. Remember, If you ever need me just ask around for the Worldwide Handsome. They will know." Seokjin says as he walks back towards the campus waving his hand above his head. All sunbaes aren't that bad I guess, she thought. She hadn't noticed that she was holding Jimin's hands this entire time. She had somehow caught on to him when she was going to confront the seniors. She quickly removes her hands. Desperate to change the topic she asks the first thing that comes to her mind. "W-where did your bracelet go?"

"Hmm?"

"That bracelet with the blue gem, you wear every day?" Jimin examines his hands then shrugs his shoulders.

"Maybe it's in my bag."

"Oh well. Then let's go grab some lunch. I'm starving!" She exclaims, secretly thankful that Jimin hadn't noticed.

"Sure... and Ray?" Jimin calls.

"Yeah?"

"Don't smile at him like that."

"What?"

"Nothing, Let's go."

---

A/n:     EUPHORIA~