Memory

"Jimin, you won't believe what happened today."

Raven says as she walks up to him, weaving through the crowded hallway. He slightly bows his head in greeting, a smile blossoming on his face. She could never get over it.

"What is it Ray?"

"Do you know Robert, that cute Senior in my major, the one with the dimples and all? He asked me out on a date."

Raven wasn't really the romantic type but she wasn't totally against the idea of dating either, especially when it comes to cute seniors who were into art and made of 100% boyfriend material. Those species were limited edition and she wouldn't want to miss such an opportunity. Besides, the said senior was a hottie, a term she rarely used. Lost in her fantasies she took a moment to realize that Jimin had paused mid-step.

"You mean that Fernandez guy?" He asks.

"Yup. That's the one." She confirms as her mind drifts back to their awkward introduction, the cheesy pick-up line that had made her roll her eyes, the wicked smile that had his tiny dimple playing at the corner of his mouth. Gosh, she was really turning into one of those cheesy girls in the movies. She eventually comes out of her dream-like trance and notices that his smile had faded. "Why? What's the matter?" Raven asks, concerned. He was wearing a strange look in his eyes as he turned towards her.

"Ray," He calls. He pauses for a second contemplating something, then he spoke "I don't think you should go."

"Why? Are you jealous or something?" She chuckles at her own attempt at teasing him.

"I-I just think he is not right. He seems sketchy." He replies, his fingertips fiddling with his bracelet. Raven had seen him do that several times before when he was frustrated or uncomfortable. She felt confused.

"Oh come on, You don't really believe the rumors, do you? Besides, I texted him yesterday night and he was nice." She explains. Jimin remained silent.
Again... 

Yesterday, when those seniors came and dragged him out of the cafeteria, claiming to be his friends, she didn't do anything but stand there helpless. Later when he came back he had been quiet. She couldn't bring herself to ask him what had happened. She wondered whether she had the right to do so. The next day, he had come rushing to her, smiling and laughing being his usual self. Raven wanted to ask but she didn't. She never asks.

"Come on, I'll be fine," Raven says in an attempt to reassure him.

"Alright."  She felt a pang in her heart. He sounded hurt... but why? She hated the feeling. She felt guilty but she pushed them away to the corner of her mind.
 After a few minutes of silent brooding, turning to the side directly facing her, he uttered her name. "Ray?"  

As Raven looks up, he asks uncertainly "You are my f-friend, aren't you?"

It was absurd. Of course, Jimin was her friend. The only true friend she'll ever have. Someone who had been with her through her toughest times. Someone she didn't deserve. But she was selfish. She wanted him. She needed him.

"Of course, you dummy!"

Jimin's smile did not quite reach his eyes.