Memory

Raven walks along the sidewalk of a busy street on a September night. Hugging herself to keep out the cold, Raven watches the rows of little shops that stood near the sidewalk. There was the Starbucks shop where Raven met up with Seokjin on that weird day. Thinking about it sent a pang of guilt in her heart. She thought back to the day he confessed. It was all so abrupt that Raven didn't know what to do. So She did what she could, that is to go along with it. Honestly, Raven wasn't sure how she felt about Jimin. She was too afraid to think about the possibilities. What if she didn't see him the same way. What happens if she rejects him? Will he still be the same? Would they still be the best friends they were once?

The answer was no. The moment she rejects him, it's over. The friendship and trust they had built together for a decade would shatter in a matter of seconds and Jimin would leave her.

She couldn't handle that. She didn't even want to think about that. It'll hurt. It'll hurt more than the scars that adorned her skin and she was not going to let that happen.

Walking past the little shops Raven turns into the familiar lane. It was quite dark. They still hadn't fixed the light bulb that broke and Raven breathed out her breath visible in the cold night. She should have worn a warmer coat. The thin shirt she had worn over did nothing to keep out the cold. Sighing to herself she looks down the lane trying to see if she can still make it through without possibly running into an obstacle. She had left her phone at home and she was regretting it very much.

She spots movement among the dark. Raven calls out clutching her bag tightly against her chest, "Hello?"

There was a moment of silence and Jason steps forward from the dark, a smirk painted across his face. His eyes were red and sweaty. The harsh stench of alcohol invaded her nostrils and Raven covered her face trying not to puke.

"Oh! It's the midget's friieennndd.." He drags as he takes an unsteady step forward. Raven steps back.

"Whaat are you dooooingg heere soo laate?"

There was no point in humoring a drunken asshole. She briefly bowed to him with a quick 'excuse me', as she tried to walk away from there but the guy was fast. He caught on to her wrist at the speed of light and smirked triumphantly as she struggled in his grip. "What's the hurry babe?"

"Let go."

"Hmmm?" Jason leans forward playing deaf, subtly inching closer to her.

"I SAID LET GO-"

Something or rather someone interrupts her as it crashes into Jason, sending him flying half-way across the street. 

(Turn on the media for an immersive reading experience.)

Jimin stood there, fists clenched so tightly that his knuckles turned white, gritting his teeth as he fumes. Manic rage dancing in his eyes and his face flushes red. He did not wait for his opponent to get back up on his feet as he threw punch after punch to his face. A sickening crunch reverberated throughout the deserted lane but Jimin did not cease.

"You dare touch her? You f*cking piece sh*t! I'll kill you disgusting son of a... " Jimin was in trance. His immense fury pouring out of him through his fists and all the blood that stained his fingers did nothing to calm him.

Raven's fingers trembled as she took in what was happening. This isn't the Jimin she knew. He was a savage. She could see the blood lust in his cold eyes. She could see it clearly.