- 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 : 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘁?

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"A practice match with Karasuno today? Isn't that where Tsukishi-" Yahaba asked with raised eyebrows, earning a hard slap on the back from Kyotani who stood beside him. "OW-"

"You're not supposed to say the forbidden name." Kindaichi reminded, glancing over at Hotaru who was busy folding jerseys she had just cleaned. "It might upset her."

Yahaba shrugged, "She seems fine though." They all glanced at the female who quietly placed the jerseys in a pile, making them sit neatly on the end of the bench.

"I'm gonna go grab some juice!" Hotaru exclaimed with a smile as she stood up, skipping over to the door to retrieve some juice from the vending machine.

Everyone watched her retreating figure as she slid the door open then slowly slid it closed.

"Even if she seems fine in front of us," The door was about to close, making her think that no one could see the way her expression dropped once she thought she was out of sight. "She's still upset about it."

"You should be aware." Kunimi muttered, appearing beside Yahaba with a small frown. "You were there while she told us what happened."

"Ah...yeah."

On the night that it happened, Hotaru had gone off to talk to Iwaizumi while everyone was almost asleep. The brunette was clearly worried about her, panicked over the way her expression contorted into one of pain.

When he heard the words Tsukishima had told her, he felt his blood boil. The blond had earned everyone's trust, including Hotaru's, yet he chose to stab her in the back a second time around. It took every cell in his body to not finding Tsukishima and beat the crap out of him.

"I know this isn't like him. I...I still trust him." Hotaru's words elicited a mixed reaction from the boys who were supposedly to be quietly listening from outside the door. This caused Iwaizumi to throw open the door with a menacing look, ready to threaten them all to keep their mouths shut.

Once he realized it was the remainder of the Aoba Johsai team, he eased up a bit and let them into his room to talk.

"You still trust him?!? No! Are you stuuUUuuUUUUupid?!?!" Oikawa whisper-shouted as he viciously shook her like a milkshake. "He's baaaAAAAd! B-A-D! Shit! S-H-I-T! He made you sad again! I'll never forgive that damn bean stalk of a bitch."

Hotaru put a smile on her face, "I know, Tooru. It's okay! It didn't make me sad! It hurt my feelings a little bit but I'm used to it by now." She laughed softly, grabbing Oikawa's arms gently.

The male frowned, so did everyone else. They couldn't tell which one was worse. Her crying her heart out or her pretending she wasn't hurt. Both options left everyone else affected.

"Well this sucks." Oikawa said as he took a seat on the gym floor beside Kindaichi.

"Why? Because we're playing against Tsukishima?"

Oikawa shook his head, "No, because I'm pregnan- YES BECAUSE OF HIM." The older male scoffed, laying down on the floor to groan loudly and kick his legs like a child. "They already beat our butts before but this time, we'll give 'em hell."

"Wasn't expecting anything less." Iwaizumi said as he sat beside Oikawa, huffing lightly.

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

"Akira, why are we eating grilled cheese in the closet?" Hotaru asked Kunimi who sat across from her with his grilled cheese wedged between his teeth as he texted someone on his phone. They were currently sat in the janitor's closet in the hall near the gym. It was typically empty, so Kunimi and Hotaru occupied it to eat some grilled cheese before their match against Karasuno. "Though, I do like grilled cheese and I don't mind."

"That was all I had packed as an afternoon snack and," He flashed her the screen of his phone, "There's supposed to be an important meet-up happening here, so I thought that we should eavesdrop."

Hotaru's face contorted into horror, "Are you suggested we listen to two people fuc-"

"No." Kunimi flashed her a flat look, almost disgusted with her train of thought. "Why the hell- Nevermind. It's just a talk. Besides, they'll be out in the hall anyway."

As if on cue, they heard footsteps and froze. There were two sets footsteps, both different paces as they walked down the hall from opposite directions.

One was slower, more relaxed while the other was a bit quicker and brisk. 

"Nice to see you made it." A voice spoke up, surprising Hotaru who immediately recognized it. She glanced at Kunimi who was leaned up against the door.

"Is that..?" She whispered, earning a curt nod from Kunimi who averted his eyes to look through the crack of the door.

"C'mon, Tsukishima, why won't you say anything?" As soon as Kishi said Tsukishima's name, her eyes widened like saucers. Why is Kishi-kun with Kei?

"Why would I waste my energy on a pathetic guy like you?" Tsukishima sneered, smiling thinly at the shorter male who pretended to be unfazed by Tsukishima's harsh words.

Kishi chuckled softly, "Pathetic? How so?"

The blond shrugged nonchalantly, "I don't know. Maybe pretending you're a good guy when you're actually a scum bag who just wants to get in her panties. That's really pathetic. But who knows," Tsukishima shot him a thin smile, "my definition of pathetic may be wrong."

Kishi smiled, "I have no idea what you're referring to."

"Sure." Tsukishima chuckled, shifting his weight to his other foot. "Blackmailing people into hurting others is a new level of shitbag. I thought I was scum, but you really set the bar."

"Huh?" Hotaru whispered upon hearing blackmail. What's going on?

Kishi simply waved his hand around. "I'm not blackmailing you. I'm just keeping you in check."

"By threatening that you'll spread a picture of Hotaru half naked? Definitely just keeping me in check." Tsukishima scoffed, shoving his hands into his pockets to hide the whiteness of his knuckles when he clenched his fists. "Whatever already."

"So you finally admit defeat?"

Tsukishima turned around, flipping Kishi off with a cold smile on his lips. "I never said I'd let you have her."

The blond male walked off, laughing scornfully. "Not that she wants you anyway, Kishi-kun."

Once the hall had quieted down, Hotaru turned to Kunimi who seemed just as shocked as he was.

"Akira, what the fuck?! He's being blackmailed? What do we do? I-" Kunimi slapped a hand over her mouth, stopping her from saying anything else.

"We should talk to Iwaizumi first."

"...Good idea."

[ a/n : pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle pickle. KISHI IS A ROACH. A ROACH I TELL YOU. also, i have a habit of commenting on my story where no one will probably check.

from last chapter ^

from last chapter ^

but i rarely comment cuz i am lazy bahahah ]