Friends

The gym was silent for a moment after that.

Goshiki was the first to talk.

"Oh my gosh!!! Semi-san!! Are you ok??"

Followed shortly by Reon:

"Is the cut deep? You should go to the nurses office."

Shirabu, star of our story:

"I'm so sorry! I didn't get much sleep last night and I'm just kind of out of it today-"

And finally, Coach Washijou, who interrupted the chaos:

"Semi's fine. Everyone, go back to practice. Shirabu, since you threw the ball, take Semi to the nurses office and go grab some bandages."

Shirabu clenched his jaw. It wasn't like him to make mistakes. He was better than this. He could be.

"Yes, coach." Then, looking back towards Semi, Shirabu's expression softened. "Let's go to the nurses office. I'm really sorry for-"

Semi held up his non-cut hand, smiling. 

"Hey, it's ok. We all have our off-days."

Shirabu's heart fluttered a little upon seeing his smile. But that was normal, right? I mean, everyone feels happy when they see a nice smile. At least, happy was what he thought he felt.

This emotion, this feeling, it was happiness, right?

Shirabu took the lead and walked towards the nurses office, Semi following closely behind, cradling his cut hand.

He knocked on the door.

"Come in." A voice said from the inside.

Shirabu opened the door for Semi, and they walked in.

"You can go now. I'll be fine. The others need a setter to keep practicing anyways." said Semi.

"No, I'll stay. It's my fault that this is happening in the first place. The others can practice their serves or something."

Semi paused, before shrugging with an "ok."

The nurse walked over.

"I'll go get some band-aids. You two wait here."

She walked over to the shelf, and took out a small box. Looking in it, she frowned.

"Sorry boys, it appears that we've run out. If you could just wait a little more, I'll be right back."

The two boys nodded.

Semi turned towards Shirabu.

"You sure you're fine with waiting?"

Shirabu nodded firmly.

"I'll wait as long as it takes."