Be My Valentine (Or, the Ninth Thing)

After his stop to the bathroom, Shirabu ran to find Semi. Classes would be starting any minute now. He only had a little more time left to deliver his note.

He had poured his heart into it. If he was going to die, Shirabu wanted Semi to know how much he appreciated him, even if this note was just the tip of the iceberg.

Turing a corner, he finally found Semi. As he was about to shout out his senpai's name, he realized Semi was already talking to someone. He quickly hid back into the corner when he realized it was Miyu.

He felt his heart tightening. Was Miyu confessing? Shirabu didn't know how he felt about that. He watched as Miyu cleared her throat.

"So, Semi... You know how today is Valentines day, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well- I- I..!" Miyu flushed a deep red. Semi's eyes suddenly grew wide, as if he finally realized what was happening. He blushed perhaps an ever deeper shade of red. Shirabu thought back to one of their first conversations.

'Have you ever had a crush on anyone?'

'...Yes.'

So this was who it was.

Suzuki Miyu.

Shirabu smiled, but hot tears fell down his cheeks in great big drops.

A kind of bittersweet feeling strangled him.

No matter how much he wanted to witness Miyu confess to Semi so he could cheer her on later, Shirabu felt that if he continued to watch he would die.

He already felt the flowers anyways. If he made noise then Semi and Miyu would figure out he was there. 

He was already intruding enough.

This was something private.

They didn't need him watching over them.

Shirabu turned on his heel the moment he heard Miyu say "I like you." He ran down the hallway, burying his head in his arms, staining his uniform with tears before he could hear Semi's response.

He left behind a trail of flower petals.

Shirabu ran towards the nearest bathroom. He vomited the most sakura petals he had ever seen into the toilet. He felt drained. Breathing was hard. 

It was definitely getting worse.

9. Miyu had confessed to Semi, thanks to the help of their cupid Shirabu.