Smiles

Over the course of the week, Shirabu started to pay more attention to Semi.

The way he strived to become stronger.

The passion he put into his serves.

The way he was nice and encouraging to everyone.

The way he smiled into his towel when taking a break.

The way his hair was styled.

The way he had a cute habit of fiddling with the hem of his shirt when he was nervous.

After school the day Semi had helped him with the box, Shirabu had found him in a classroom, cleaning the blackboard.

"Thanks for the other day, Semi-san."

"No problem. That's what friends are for, anyways."

At this Shirabu had widened his eyes.

"Are we friends?"

"I mean, only if you want to be, I guess. But you know, we did have a heartfelt chat, I helped you carry stuff, and then we pranked a guy named Haruto. Doesn't that make us friends?"

Shirabu smiled quietly.

"That makes sense. I guess so then, Semi-san."

"We're friends now. Drop the honorific. Actually, just call me Eita." said Semi, pausing his cleaning to look at Shirabu in the eyes.

"Eita." Shirabu tried the name in his mouth. He liked it. It tasted sweet in his mouth, like sugar.

At this the two boys had quietly smiled at each other.

And that was the beginning of their short but vibrant friendship.