The Third Thing

(a/n: I've been very excited because Haikyuu!! To the Top Season 2 is finally out!!! It's so cool to see it animated <3)

As Shirabu was walking down the halls, considerably slowed down by the heavy weight of everything he was carrying, he heard someone loudly shout behind him.

"Hey, tsun-tsun!"

Was that Semi's voice? Who was he calling to? He carried on walking.

"Shirabu-chan!"

He whipped around after hearing his name. Was "tsun-tsun" supposed to be him?

"Ah, finally! Hey Shirabu whe're you goin-"

"No."

Semi paused, slightly confused.

"I didn't even finish my sentence..."

"I'm not carrying anything for you, I'm kinda full here."

"What makes you think I was going to ask you to carry something for me?" asked Semi.

Shirabu frowned.

"I mean, three people have already asked me, so I just assumed-"

Semi laughed, interrupting him. Shirabu blushed, embarrassed at his assumption.

"I was going to ask you if you needed help, idiot." said Semi through his laughs.

Shirabu let out a laugh too, Semi's contagious smile spreading onto his lips.

He started to laugh harder, which was a mistake.

As he trembled with laughter the box, the package, and the precariously balanced textbook started to wobble.

"Woah, woah woah!" yelped Semi, grabbing the box, preventing it (and the package and textbook too) from falling down onto the floor.

Shirabu breathed out, relieved.

"T-thanks."

Semi laughed nervously.

"No problem."

Shirabu looked up, and was shocked at how close they were.

Semi's face was only centimeters away from him. He was so close that Shirabu could smell him. (He did. Semi smelled like lavender.) When Shirabu's eyes met Semi's, he laughed nervously. Shirabu could feel Semi's breath on his face. 

Blushing, Shirabu furiously pulled away, almost dropping everything again in the process.

"Um." was all he managed to get out.

Semi cleared his throat.

"Uh, if that's too much to carry for you, I could help you. I'm guessing you're taking the box to Mr. Sato's office? I could carry the textbook and that package, if you're fine with that."

"I- uh- sure, thanks. I'd appreciate that."

Semi gently lifted the package and textbook from the top of the box. Immediately the weight Shirabu carried got lighter.

They walked to Mr. Sato's office in awkward silence. Finally, Semi spoke up.

"So, uh, what's all this stuff anyways?"

"Oh. Mr. Sato asked me to deliver this box to his office, and on the way I ran into Yamagata-san, who asked me to drop off that package at someone's locker, and then I met that bowl-cut brat, who asked me to drop off his textbook at Mr. Sato's office too, and next thing you know I'm carrying all this stuff."

Semi looked at the package he was holding.

"What's in the package?"

Shirabu shrugged.

"I don't know," he said. "Yamagata-san said that some guy in class six was trash talking Ushijima-san, so he wanted to prank him or something."

Semi laughed.

"I never thought you would participate in Yamagata's pranks, Shirabu."

Shirabu huffed.

"Only because it's Ushijima-san!"

They continued on talking until they reached Mr. Sato's office. Shirabu put the box down on a desk and Semi set the textbook down next to it.

"Great, now it's time to find that Haruto guy's locker."

Shirabu exited the office and headed towards the lockers, Semi following close behind.

"Haruto... Haruto... Haruto..." mubled Shirabu, checking all the name tags.

Semi waved Shirabu over to where he was standing.

"Hey Shirabu, over here. There's a locker here labelled 'Haruto.'"

Shirabu straightened up, heading over to Semi.

"Great, thanks."

He glanced at the package and the locker, only now wondering how he would get it in.

"Uh...." said Shirabu, staring. 

Eventually he just decided to try opening the locker to see if it was locked.

Thankfully it wasn't. Semi chuckled from behind Shirabu, amused at the fact that Shirabu didn't think to check if it wasn't locked first.

"Shut up." grumbled Shirabu before shoving the package inside the locker. 

Shirabu closed the locker and sighed, dropping onto the floor.

"The trouble I go through for my senpais..."

Semi grinned at him, laughing.

"Well, it's good to know that this Haruto guy is going to get what he deserved." Semi said.

And seeing Semi there, laughing and smiling, Shirabu thought, maybe, just maybe, it was worth it.

And so Shirabu had learned yet another thing.

3. Semi smelled very nice.