Boxes

"Homework is on pages 16 to 20! Due by Friday! Don't forget to fill it out!"

The teacher scrambled to announce everything before the stone deaf students, instigated by the bell, exited the room.

Shirabu was packing up his stuff and about to leave the room when his teacher stopped him.

"Oh, Shirabu. If it's not too much trouble, could you get this box to my office next to the teacher's lounge?" 

The teacher gestured towards a slightly large box, and Shirabu told him sure, he could do that.

"Thank you so much! See you tomorrow!"

Shirabu nodded and ducked out the door, box in his hands.

On his way to the teacher's office Shirabu ran into Yamagata.

"Oh, hey Shirabu! Where ya going?" asked Yamagata casually.

"I'm heading over to Mr. Sato's office because he asked me to drop off this box."

"Oh, cool. Wait, Shirabu, you know how class five's lockers are around that area?"

Shirabu raised his eyebrows, not sure where this was going.

"Uh... yes?"

"Could you do me a quick favour and drop off this package at a guy named Haruto's locker?"

Shirabu looked at it, suspicious.

"What is it?"

Yamagata smiled cheekily.

"Well... so this Haruto guy is a prick, and me n' Taichi overhead him trash talking Ushijima, so we thought we'd leave him a little... surprise of some sorts." he winked at Shirabu.

Shirabu sighed and shook his head. Usually he would take no part in such activities... but Ushijima's honour was at stake here...

"Fine. But only this once."

"Thanks, you're the best!"

Shirabu walked on towards Mr. Sato's office, weighed down by the heavy weight of the box and package. It was a little heavy, but he managed.

As he walked on he met Goshiki.

"Oh! Hello Shirabu-san!"

Shirabu rolled his eyes. Really? Goshiki, of all people?

"Is there anything you want, child?" said Shirabu sarcastically.

Mistaking his sarcasm for genuine kindness, Goshiki's eyes lit up.

"Oh! I was actually wondering if you could take this textbook to Mr. Sato's office. The box your holding says 'Sato' on it so I assumed you were taking it to Mr. Sato's office. I was supposed to drop this off a few weeks ago but I forgot!"

Just as Shirabu was about to bluntly refuse, Goshiki interrupted him, perhaps sensing a rejection.

"I mean, only if it's not too much trouble. I wouldn't want to burden you or anything." Goshiki turned away, looking like a kicked dog. Then he looked back up at Shirabu, giving him puppy eyes.

'I'm a cat person, dammit. Why are his puppy eyes working on me?' thought Shirabu before giving in.

And so, weighed down quite a lot now, with a large box, a package, and a heavy textbook, Shirabu walked on, struggling a little.

'Why is this school so damn big?'

He hastened his pace, praying not to run into any more of his annoying teammates.

His prayer was not answered.