22

𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝐷𝑎𝑡𝑒

Lilly had no idea where they were going, Arvin didn't tell her probably because he didn't know where he was going to take her

Lilly had no idea where they were going, Arvin didn't tell her probably because he didn't know where he was going to take her. Still he tried to act like he had everything planned out, in reality he barley thought of the idea this morning. He should've timed it so he could actually think about what to do, but oh well, it was happening.

"Hmm we should go back to the lake." Lilly suggested as the two walked hand in hand into his house. Lilly wanted to say hi to Emma and Lenora before the two left. "We're not going back to the lake." He dismissed with a small chuckle. "I wanna actually take you out." Arvin reminded "but you don't even know where we're going."

She had a feeling that he didn't know what the hell he was doing, it was a bit fun watching him try to play it off. "There you two are, y'all took forever." Emma joked as she came from the kitchen with Lenora following behind her. "I thought y'all were going somewhere." She said with confusion. "We were." Arvin said while making his way to the kitchen table. "But she wanted to say hi so I guess I had to come back here."

"Where are you two headed anyways?" Emma questioned, Arvin and Lilly taking a seat with Lenora. "He swears that he knows and it's a surprise, but I'm pretty sure he has no idea." The girl said calling him out. "I do know." He protested like a small child, reaching for a bottle of whiskey and pouring himself a very little amount. Arvin didn't really like alcohol all that much, he was always a smoker.

"We should capture this moment." Emma said clapping her hands together with excitement "why?" Arvin asked with confusion. "Because this is y'all's first date." She explained she had never seen Arvin so keen with a girl and she wanted to cherish this moment, it was special to her. "And don't you wanna look back on it when you two are married?" His sister teased.

"We're not getting married." The two said at the same time "...but I do think it's good to take pictures of important events in ones life so...we should take a picture." Lilly agreed with a nod, she didn't mind taking pictures much. Quickly Emma left to go get her old camera. "I don't really want to take a picture." He whispered slightly to Lilly, he wasn't big on smiling unless someone made him, in this case he was just forced to smile at an object.

Dismissing his complaints she wrapped her arm around his left one and rested her head on his shoulder making his heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Arvin cracked a small smile looking down at her, Emma thought this was the perfect opportunity to take a photo. "Okay one more." She said with a smile.

The boy rolled his eyes playfully and looked at the camera trying his best to give a smile that wasn't too big nor too small. Lilly didn't care if her smile was big at all, she had the brightest grin on her face. "One more." She repeated about 5 more times until finally putting the camera down. "See that wasn't that bad." She scolded Arvin.

"What time are you coming back?" Lenora asked with curiosity, "I don't know. I have to drop her at home first." He answered as he took a sip of his whiskey. "Now don't take her back to her daddy too late." His grandmother reminded. Now would probably be a good time to tell her that Preston didn't even know they knew each other, but that would be a conversation for later.