63

𝐹𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠

Favorite Drink?

I love Sweet Tea🥰

"I should go, Lilly is probably wondering where I am or something." Arvin said as he got up from Kevin's couch letting out a subtle grunt of being back on his feet. "Speaking of her, how is she? Is she alright? We don't really have any classes together." Kevin asked with concern. Lilly was his friend too and knew that the two girls were very close. Thinking about it Arvin looked down to avoid eye contact "uh she's trying you know? My grandma ain't feeling too good so she's always checking on her, she starting to help with things that my grandma did and she's taking care of her stepmom and the baby..." then he paused for a moment as if he suddenly had an epiphany of some sort. "...and I'm here while she does all that...you know I've ask if she was alright. Knowing her she just nodded so I don't have to worry. Did you know she's the one who found the body? God I feel really bad now." Arvin said as he put his face in his hands for a second.

"Wait she found her?" Jamie asked with wide eyes, they never knew that. You learn something new everyday. "Yeah...she was screaming and calling for me. I guess I didn't hear her the first few times but then I did. She was trying to hold her up I think..." Arvin answered clearing his throat thinking that it was best to just go look for her. It wouldn't be hard, she was probably still at his house if he got back in time. "Fuck...that's tough." Kevin said with a sigh. "Well then you should go..." he added gesturing towards the door that was up the stairs. "Yeah I'll see you guys later." Arvin told them giving a nod. "Bye." They all said under their breath. That whole time they were just talking about whatever came to mind. The boys made sure not to bring up his sister, of course that didn't stop him from thinking about her.

Now it was time to just put the food away and she would be able to go home. She could rest after she made sure Mildred and her baby were taken care of since Preston hadn't been doing a good job at doing that. Taking out all the groceries and variety of different foods they all were spread out on the old kitchen table. Stopping her from continuing her work she heard the front door open. It could've only been one person. "Uncle Earskell?" Arvin called out putting his car keys on the couch hearing some movement in the kitchen. "He's sleeping. Your grandma is asleep too, I put her back to bed a couple minutes about." The girl informed from the kitchen which took Arvin by surprise, even though she was at the house just as much as anyone else was. "Hey..." Arvin greeted slowly while he walked into the kitchen seeing that she was putting away some groceries.

"Y-you went to go get those by yourself?" He questioned, taking off his hat and carelessly letting it fall on the table. "Yeah, Earskell made me a list. Seeing that your grandma can't get them I just picked them up for her." She answered quickly while putting the object away. Arvin couldn't help but feel bad, he had been out just to clear his mind and Lilly was stuck here taking care of everything because he was too afraid to actually do something. "I'm already almost done anyways so I'll be gone before you go to bed." Lilly added putting the few last items away. "Why didn't you tell me you were doing all of this? I could've helped you since you had to walk from the market." Lilly just shook her head and dismissed that idea "it's fine, it wasn't even that bad of a walk." Now Arvin could see that it probably wasn't fine. "I'm sorry, I should've been there to help you..."