White wings make you fly LAST CHAPTER

Chapter 17: Alexandru

I followed what Ara told me, and though I knew her briefly she was the only one besides my mother that had given me such kindness. I sat in the garden that was once an illusion to her playing with a daisy. I wonder what it was that she feared so much that would make her change the whole world, and beg that I kill her. The problem is, I cannot kill the one thing left in my life that cared about me even in part. She was the only one to smile at me, even after she found out what I was.

Would it be the same now I wondered, now that her history and memories had changed? I couldn't risk it though even to test it, because to do so might push her away from me. Though the world didn't remember my face, my brothers thinking I was dead as they did once before I was now a shadow. To change this could pull her away from me and all that I worked for just to be at her side.

The Daisy twirled on my finger tips and I lifted it to my nose gently smelling its fragrance. I wondered, was a Flower like someone's essence? Did it always smell the same no matter what one did to it until it died? One could hope, one could dream, but would it be?

"Lucious?"

"I'm here Princess Arasala." I called holding out the Daisy to her. "I was simply trying to find a flower as beautiful as you, alas I have failed you. None are as beautiful as you are."

She smiled, ah that smile that made my heart melt all over again like the first day in the Inn. I don't know how she could ever be the bringer of death, this beautiful woman. "You are so silly Lucious, you're not even a servant and you're trying to flatter me."

"Only because you deserve to be flattered every day, you have an inner beauty that even your sister cannot match."

She smiled again, oh how I wanted to kiss those luscious lips. "Only because you find sparing all other activities a bore."

"Perhaps." I replied with a devilish grin. "When will our journey begin?"

"Our journey?" She asked confused.

"To go sightseeing as you wished, your mother has assigned me to be your personal guide."

"Oh, I didn't realize she had even approved it, I thought she was convinced it was another fancy of mine."

"She just needed a little... unconvincing." I said innocently looking at my fingers as if I had a really interesting piece of dirt on them.

"You didn't!" She squealed. "Oh my goodness you did!" she sat on the bench and gave me a tight hug her red tinged wings flapping like mad. "Oh thank you, thank you thank you!!! I'm going to go pack right away! I can't wait to do!"

I had made her happy, oh how I enjoyed making her happy. I wondered if this would last, especially since she no longer knew who I was. I sighed looking after her as she ran back to her room. Our journey was about to begin after several long months just trying to get this close with her and form this small bond. I hoped that it would not end, and I hoped that maybe she would come back. I sighed getting up, I better get to packing. I couldn't help but wonder if she was really herself anymore. So all I could do is look up in the sky with a heavy heart, and think of the last time I held her. It felt like the sky it's self didn't exist... just us two. I could only whisper, to more myself then anyone because I was the only one left in the world that knew who she really was. Hopefully... one day... it would not remain so.

 "Ara... I miss you."