chapter 6

"No."

Bessie sobbed. I looked at her with pain and regret as I tried to put myself in her shoes.
When Vera brought the items,I thanked her and told her to excuse us, which she did with a surprised face.
Sitting by Bessie on the bed,I dipped the towel into the water,drained out the excess, and placed it o her forehead.
I knew that if anybody mistakenly barged into the room,he or she would be surprised, but I don't seem to care.
Funny enough, I'm the boss's son. Yet after what I did to her, this is the least I can do to show that I deeply regret what happened.
When I  dipped the towel  back into the water for the fifth time, Bessie opened her eyes. When she recognized my face, I saw her eyes widen with fear.
She tried to get up, but she groaned with pain and fell back in the bed with her hands on her abdomen.
Out of pity,I tried touching her face, but she turned.
I got closer and held her hand,trying to look at her in the eye, but she looked down.
Then the next thing I heard was ,

"No....... Sir,please."

I  knew it. My fears have come true. She sees me as a rapist ,a monster. How can I even think of doing that again.

"I won't.."

I said softly.

"Please, look at me."

I pleaded. When she did, her eyes said it all. There was pain,sadness, and confusion, but pain was dominant.

"Were you a virgin?"

I asked even though I knew the answer. After seconds, which felt like years, she was quiet, and her eyes were cast down.

"Please answer me."

I begged,I was scared of the answer even though I knew it. She slowly looked at me with pain eyes and whispered,

"Yes,"

yet I heard it loud in my ear.
I left her hands immediately. I opened my mouth to tell her that it wasn't my intention, that it had never crossed my mind,and that I'm not that type of guy, but no words came out. Out of shame ,I got up to leave. I was almost at the door when I heard her.

"Sir...why?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. Turning slowly to look at her,her eyes were clouded with tears but were not looking at me. I stood motionless, staring at her, scared to go near and console, I couldn't move my feet.

"I..I was drugged."

"By me,right?"

She asked, still not looking at me.

"What did you put in my drink..talk now!"

"I haven't done anything, sir."

The last conversation that went on before I had her played in my head repeatedly. I shut my eyes,hoping it would stop, and thankfully, it faded away. I opened my eyes to find Bessie staring at me.
She looked down again when our eyes met. Why would she look at me like that? Was she worried about me?
I pushed that thought aside.