Chapter 7 - Everything's Normal

Wei Ying went to school, disregarding the Lan brothers' pleas not to and faking everything's natural. It was far from normal, but who would notice?

He felt like himself, so why should he bother? 

By the time the school lunch break arrived, Wei Ying was back to his old self, making corny jokes and being hyperactive. And completely forgetting about the bite mark upon his neck, which he was sure to cover up with a turtle-neck sweater, and the person - Lan Zhan, who was to blame for the supposed bite mark.

Wei Ying sat at the cafeteria table with Jiang Cheng, Nie Huaisang, and Wen Ning. The two being Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng best friends. 

Out of the four musketeers, Wen Ning so happened to be the shy type, and though he did not talk much, Wen Ning does have a genuine soul. Nie Huaisnag, on the other hand, can be a bit sneaky, manipulative, and very vulgar despite his frail looks. He certainly had Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng fooled when they’d first met him seven years ago in high school. 

They had all been friends since high school, and luckily for them, they managed to land in the same college.

Everything was going smoothly as per usual. The four friends were chattering about their day while gobbling down food like a pack of starving dogs.

"You know, brother Wei," Nie Huaisang said, stuffing a few cheese-fries in his already full mouth, "you missed rehearsals yesterday."

Wen Ning nodded, turning his attention to Wei Ying. Both friends seemingly paused for Wei Ying to give an answer.

Wei Ying gulped. 

Although they're both Wei Ying's best friends - apart from Jiang Cheng, in the entire world. It's not like Wei Ying could tell them he'd been bitten by his crazy - handsome neighbor, who's a freaking werewolf. Or that he might turn into one himself. No, that was out of the question.

"Um -" Wei Ying looked to Jiang Cheng, a silent pleading in his eyes. Jiang Cheng, however, showed to have missed the memo. Wei Ying scrunched up his nose, "tell them, Jiang Cheng." Wei Ying tugged at his brother's shoulder.

Jiang Cheng choked on his purple slushy, hating the fact that Wei Ying was putting him to explain. Directing Wei Ying a death glare, Jiang Cheng turn to the two boys sitting on the opposite side of their shared table and said, "he had diarrhea -"

"Jiang Cheng," Wei Ying whined. How could Jiang Cheng say that? Not that Wei Ying expected better. It's just, why? 

"Brother Wei," Nie Huaisang said, trying to stifle back a laugh, "how did that -"

A loud bang echoed from inside the cafeteria, startling the four boys and everyone inside. Directing their attention to the source of the noise, Wei Ying groaned in annoyance.

Wen Chao. 

The school's tormentor, and surprisingly, Wen Ning's cousin. Considering how sweet and an absolute cinnamon-role Wen Ning is when compared to the tacky and rude Wen Chao. It was safe to say not many people knew the two were related, except for Wei Ying and the gang.

"You." Wen Chao sneered, pointing at Wei Ying, "haven't I told you not to show your face anywhere near my breathing space again nimrod?"

Wei Ying winced. It was well known that the school's bully liked to pick on the more inferior students. That being said, Wei Ying and Nie Huaisang were on top of Wen Chao's list. If Jiang Cheng wasn't there to save them both in their times of need, Wei Ying was certain they would already be dead by now.