Chapter 16 - Full Moon

Lan Zhan had been thinking. He thought for long and hard until he concluded that Wei Ying was his anchor. It's remarkable to say the least. Lan Zhan knew he's deeply attracted to Wei Ying, he thinks he might also be secretly in love with him. 

Still, no matter how in love he might be, it was hardly enough time for them to find a bond so strong for Wei Ying to now be his anchor. Then how's it even possible? That's another question Lan Zhan had no answer for, but one thing was certain; Wei Ying's his anchor. 

Last night, sleep proved to be Lan Zhan's enemy. When his enemy wouldn't go away, Lan Zhan took it upon himself to spend the night sitting on a stool by his brother's side and confessing what his heart truly desires. Lan Xichen's eyelids fluttered, and the tip of his fingers jerked as if understanding his brother's hidden dilemma.

Nie Mingjue went away, so Lan Zhan had the room to himself. Mingjue said he'd be gone for a day or two, having gotten news on Xue Yang, Xiao Xingcheng, and song Lan, being in town, Nie Mingue took off, promising swift return.

It's already dawn, the day of the full moon. The day Wei Ying will transform into a wolf. Lan Zhan couldn't find it in him to leave his brother's side. Lan Zhan couldn't believe it's already been a month since he'd bitten Wei Ying. It felt like only yesterday. Things were undoubtedly going fast.

"Brother," Lan Zhan said, squeezing Xichen's palm into his own, "For the first time in forever, I don't know what I'm doing. I wish you were here with me." Lan Zhan sighed. "Brother i -"

A loud rumbling of footsteps descending the stairs snapped Lan Zhan to attention, causing him to jolt off the stool. Sniffing the air, "Wei Ying," Lan Zhan muttered. With knitted brows, Lan Zhan hurried out of the room. 

Wei Ying raced down the stairs in excitement, ready to break the news of what transpired when waking up from his night's long slumber. "Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying called out.

Lan Zhan shot by his side, almost sliding on the black carpeted floors. In a panic, "Wei Ying, what's the matter?" Lan Zhan stopped just in front of a beaming Wei Ying.

Wei Ying chuckled, "Lan Zhan - Lan Zhan, look at this," Wei Ying said in a hurry, scrunching up his face and staring intensely into Lan Zhan's confused eyes. 

Lan Zhan watched in awe as Wei Ying's silver-plated orbs transformed into a vibrant gold, like the sun through a telescope. The sight captivated Lan Zhan, and for a moment, he found himself lost in a trance. Once again, Wei Ying stole his breath away, making it hard for him to breathe.

"Beautiful," Lan Zhan blew out, "when did this happen?"

"When I woke up," Wei Ying grinned, "aren't they cool? I can't wait to show Jiang Cheng. It's a shame I can't show them to Wen Ning and Nie Huaisang, do you think I can show them, Lan Zhan?"

"Wei Ying, no," Lan Zhan replied, a bit annoyed that Wei Ying would be so careless as to jeopardize something as big as that. "How are you feeling? Is there any pain, nauseous, anything?"

"Nah," Wei Ying shrugged his shoulder, heading to the kitchen with Lan Zhan following close behind. "Lan Zhan, to tell you the truth, I feel like a new man - like superman. You know, I've been thinking, maybe after the worse is over, I can turn into a literal superhero. What do you say, Lan Zhan?"

Seven billion souls who moved around the sun, Lan Zhan didn't understand, nor was he questioning why he felt an attraction toward the one with an addicting smile and a brain the size of a peanut. Wei Ying truly was an adorable dimwit Lan Zhan didn't mind having around.

Lan Zhan rolled his eyes, plopping himself down on the kitchen table. 

"So," Wei Ying continued, shoving a few pieces of pop-tarts into the microwave and pressing the heating button, "what's the plans for tonight?"