Realm of Shadows: Welcome to Gotham

Bruce: (Comms) Alex, you have visual?

Nightwing: (Puts a hand to his comms) Yeah, I have visual. I'm about to head in.

He brings up his arm and turns on the panel. He taps into a security camera and sees the GCPD made it into City Hall. They go to the elevator and it begins to come down fast. They soon realize it was going to crash on the ground and they run back before it crashes.

Nightwing: (comms) Gordon. They're on the 52nd floor, I'm going in.

Gordon: Hey, wait! Wait for backup!

Nightwing: (comms) Don't need it.

Meanwhile:

One of them was using a saw to cut through the security defense that was blocking the door while the others were looking around.

Thug 1: I heard stories, you know. Sent three home in an ambulance. The rest in body bags.

Thug 2: No wonder the cops want them dead.

Thug 1: Hey, you ever see either of them?

Thug 2: Yeah, Gotham Zoo. With all the other flying animals.

Outside:

Nightwing raises his grappling hook and shoots a cable on the 53rd floor. As it hits the building, a thug hears it.

Thug: Hey! What was that?! Someone check it out!

Nightwing switches his vision to thermal and he sees 6 of them on the floor. He switches it off as he sees one of the thugs looking out the window.

Nightwing: (Thoughts) It's now or never.

He jumps off the ledge and crashes through the window after releasing the cable, scaring the thug, causing him to yell. As Nightwing gets up, the thug points his gun at him. He quickly grabs the gun from the thug and hits him across the head, knocking him out. He empties the clip and hides behind a wall as 4 of the thugs come to inspect the mess.

Thug: Shit.

Thug 2: The hell'd he go?

Leader: Whatever got in... don't let it get out.

Nightwing hears movement making its way towards him and quietly knocks on the wall as the man looks to where it came from. He walks toward it, not knowing Nightwing was ready for him.

When the thug was close enough, Nightwing grabs the muzzle of the rifle and hits him across the face knocking him unconscious. He goes after the one in front of him and quickly subdues him.

Nightwing: (Thoughts) That leaves 3.

He hides behind a cubicle and sees one of them. He dashes to the other cubicle and waits.

Thug: What was that?

He makes his way toward the cubicle and as he was at the entrance, Nightwing punches him in the stomach. The thug hunches over and Nightwing swiftly brings his elbow down and watches him pass out. He peeks over at the thug who was working on the door. He spots the leader, blindly shooting as he protects the thug working on the door. Nightwing zips to the ceiling overhang as he sneaks above the thug.

He drops down and disarms him. He sweep kicks his legs causing him to fall to the floor. Nightwing grabs his face and smashes him onto the door as the other thug jumps out of the way. Nightwing moves back as the leader gets back up and pulls out a knife.

He dodges the leader's slashes at him. He goes under him and grabs his wrist before twisting it enough for him to let the blade go. Nightwing picks him up and throws at the mayor's door causing it to break. He walks into the office and grabs the man's face before slamming it on the mayor's desk.