2 // The Beginning

YOUR POV:

I walk toward the main cabin, fiddling with the smooth ID card in my hand, the one I'm so eager to return to the cute boy from earlier.

The scene replays in my head, his wispy brown bangs bouncing in front of his eyes, those so filled with fear. Our eye contact felt like it could've lasted for minutes instead of seconds, so I know I'd be able to recognize him if he were to scurry by again.

Turning the corner, an eruption of thumps and yells hits me like a wave. A sign on the wall glistens in gold above the crowd, "Captains quarters". Surely enough, that must be who they're worked up about.

"Give us answers!" "Let us off the boat!" "Bring us home!" The South Koreans demand, their words laced with hurt and worry.

I don't want to be here when they get through that door.

Continuing down the hall, security is escorting a man away from the front desk as he's yelling at the secretary. She seems unfazed to his anger, continuing to type away at her computer.

"Excuse me ma'am—" I begin in English before she interrupts me. "I have no information about when the ship will be docking yet." Her eyes still trained on the blue screen, reflecting it in her glasses.

"Oh well actually, it's not about the ship, it's about a passenger. May I know which room Jung Hoseok is staying in?" Finally her fingers stop moving and her glass covered eyes meet mine. 

"I'm not allowed to give out member information unless it's to family or if you're on their list." My heart drops and eyes scan the area around me, trying to think of an excuse.

"I may not be on his list, but I do have proof I know him." Her eyebrow raises at me expectantly. "I have this." I raise the ID card in my hand, showing her the name and picture.

She pauses for a moment before speaking again, and I interrupt her just as she did to me.

"How do I know you—"

"He's my boyfriend. Bought me a drink from the bar earlier, and left it with me for safekeeping. We were staying in a friends room for the duration of the cruise, I don't know where ours is. Could you please enlighten me?"

With a nod, she turns her computer towards me and removes the pen from her ear to point at the screen. But before it touches the plastic surface, she raised a finger to her ear piece.

"Come again?" Confusion filling her face. "They're breaking into where?!"

She gets up and wobbles away as fast as she can in her pencil skirt, leaving me to find the information for myself.

Room 104. That's nearby.

Turning around, the cabin is empty. No more screams to be heard from around the corner at captains quarters, leading me to believe that maybe they finally got inside.

An uneasy feeling enters my gut as I enter the first floor hallway, keeping my eyes trained on the end of it, where shadows are dancing from somewhere in the distance.

I stop outside of 104, glancing at the number and then back at the end of the hall. And within my half second gaze, a man had appeared, slouched down with an arm supported by the wall and heavy breaths escaping his rising and falling body.

I knock the door. Three times. Loud and clear.

All of a sudden the man at the end of the corridor snaps his head up fast enough to break his neck. A prehistoric screech escapes his mouth, and he runs at me quick, hands distorted and arms flailing.

Yep. He's on the bath salts.

I dodge his arms as they reach for me and he falls to the ground, turning quick to screech again, this time close enough so I see his face.

White hair fell down in front of his foggy white eyes, black and blue veins crawled their way up his cheeks, and red blood covered his teeth along with the sides of his mouth.

My stomach turned hard for the second time today, the first from sea sickness and the second from pure terror.

He lunges at me once again, yet this time my dodge wasn't enough. His hands grasp my shoulders and his teeth near my face as I try with all my might to push him away, but he was too eager.

I kick and push, my back pressed against the cold floor, his hunger looming over me. I know I've always said that I was a snack but this is not what I meant sir.

Just before my arms give out, a foot kicks the drugged out virus man off of me, and I scramble to my feet.

He prepares to lunge again before I'm pulled into the room. Arms wrap around me and another one slams the door shut, allowing my attacker to bang and snarl from the other side.

I release myself from someone's grasp with a wiggle and my eyes train on the numbers 104 stamped next to the doorframe.

Turning around quick, I only expected to see one cute boy, Jung Hoseok, not seven of them.