18 // Afterlife

YOUR POV:

Finding the strength to sit up completely, I turn to my right and see Jungkook lying next to me.

The skin on his arm was warm and healthy, and his black hair covers his face, soon to be in need of a cut. He fights the urge to wake up and his chest continues to rise and fall peacefully.

"How did-?" I begin, Namjoon closing his eyes and smiling back at me. "Bulletproof vest."

My heart sang at his words, beating erratically in amazement. The one thing Namjoon risked his life for came back and saved someone else's.

"You feeling up to taking a walk?" Jin asks, extending a hand out to me, and I take it gladly, suddenly having all the energy in the world.

A large oversized T-shirt hangs over my body, down to some school branded track shorts.

Jin watches as I examine my clothes, knowing I'm confused about how I got into them. "The shirt is his." He tells me, pointing back at Jungkook as we leave the room.

"You should've seen us arguing while trying to dress you, all wanting to respect you, making it that much harder. You know how difficult it is to put clothes on someone you're trying not to touch?!" He laughs, and I chuckle at his words, once again examining the shirt, Jungkooks natural scent faintly lingering on it.

Seokjin continues to watch me and smiles to himself. "He hasn't left your side, you know." Making my heart flutter inside my chest.

Maybe I'd over-judged Jungkook. Perhaps he didn't see me as a prize to be won, but as a heart to protect. There was no way I could anymore believe that he was only pretending to care, he risked his life for me.

"How long was I out?" I change the subject before my face blushes to too dark of a red shade.

"Almost twenty-four hours now, it's getting late again." He points outside the large school windows at the setting sun, meaning yesterday's events are still fresh in everyones minds.

"How is everyone doing?" I ask after a moment of silence, the two of us staring over the first floor banister at a hallway below.

"Good." He responds quietly, a somber expression still playing on his face. "Everyone knows about your bite, it's interesting isn't it?" He says, and I think about Amber.

She changed so quickly, almost immediately. What if I really was different? What if I was immune to the virus?

Jin takes my silence as a conclusion to our conversation, and rubs my back as we walk. "No offense, but Jungkook is showering now, and you should too," He laughs, dropping me off at the locker room door, "These clothes are clean, just put them back on when you're finished."

My broad shouldered friend exits the hall and I willingly clean myself off as he suggested, making it quick because I didn't necessarily want to be alone with my thoughts.

Just as my faucet shuts off and my ears focus on the water across the shower corridor, it also comes to a stop.

I quickly change back into the oversized t-shirt and peel my curtain out of the way, eager to come face to face with Jungkook.

As suspected, he stands before me just as he did days ago. Wavy black hair hanging in front of his eyes, and a towel hanging loosely off of his hips.

"Hi." He speaks to me softly, his voice angelic and breathy. Water droplets collect on his skin and a circular bruise catches my eye on his rib cage, the bullet shot point.

His hand comes up to my face, pushing some of my hair out of the way, before using two fingers to lift my gaze up to his own from his exposed body.

My fingertips make contact with his chest, tracing the bruise ever so softly. "I'm so glad you're okay." I whisper, looking back down at his wound, the same one that would've been his cause of death if not for Namjoon.

He laughs under his breath, a large smile playing across his face.

"Were you scared?" I ask curiously, the two of us making eye contact before he interlocks a hand with my injured one.

He examines the bite, each tooth mark now a healing scab. "Were you?" One of his eyebrows cocks at me and I blush slightly, once again reverting my eyes from his own.

"Yes."

"You know why I wasn't?" He continues to intrigue me as he drops the hands to his side, the both of them still interlocked.

His chin protrudes out at me and head relaxes into his neck. "I'm not scared of death because it doesn't matter what happens after life. Heaven, hell, reincarnation, or if I'm a spirit still walking the earth. I'd find us in the afterlife, you and my hyungs."

All I do is stare back at him, a cheesy smirk tugging at my lips, his fingers pulling my chin up closer to his own. His hot breath hits my mouth, the two of ours just millimeters away from one another.

I shut my eyes, knowing what's coming next, welcoming it with an open heart.

"This will never end if you don't want it to. Some things are eternal."As soon as his words conclude, his soft lips press to mine, sending electrifying sparks throughout my entire being.

I pull his body closer from where my fingers lingered on his ribs, now wrapped around his shirtless back.

He deepens the kiss, our heads snaking along together, before pulling away to take a breather.

The two of us pant between pressed foreheads, and I hug him tightly. Ultimately giving in to the built up tension we've shared for days now.

Someone whistles from down the shower corridor, and I whip my head in their direction, some of my wet hair sticking to my cheek. Hoseok stands there, dancing and thrusting to multiple "whoops" that escape his throat.

Jungkook clenches on to his towel and sprints toward his friend, who runs away, therefore beginning a game of chase.

I press my hands up to my temples as I try to process what just happened. Jungkook's sensual touch still lingering on me like a ghost.

Joining the others in the schools cafeteria kitchen, my body feels light as a feather. I should've been ashamed to have felt so content after the loss of John and Amber. Though sadly  through losing the two of them, I found something even more special within myself.

Jin, Yoongi, and Namjoon are cooking up a wonderful, something. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be, a type of kimchi-jjigae attempted with american ingredients. Either way it smells divine. 

In order to eat they declared that you must help clean, cook, or set the table. A now dressed Jungkook and I every once in a while passing one another in the kitchen, cheeks pinkening as we both try our best not to smile.

Taehyung searches through the dishes, speaking nonsense about a squirrel garden, while J-Hope debates between different colored place mats, ultimately deciding on a light blue.

As we sit around the dining table and discuss tomorrow's plans for a much needed shopping spree, the overwhelming feeling of love for one another overcomes the eight of us.

Jimin lays his head on my shoulder, and I lay mine onto his, the two of us cuddling together and stuffing our faces with food.

Yoongi munches on his food and commends himself on his cooking, while Namjoon and Jin make fun of Tae for how he's slurping. Sending Hoseok also into a fit of laughs next to Jungkook, who has his picture perfect signature grin on his face.

As if he could feel my gaze on him, we make eye contact and his grin turns into a sly smirk.

Okay Jeon Jungkook. You win.