21 // Dark Side

YOUR POV:

Both Taehyung and I sit next to one another, completely silent despite the sound of our worried breathing. The car bounces along the pavement at an unsteady pace, probably all messed up from running over dead people.

"Where are we going?" He breaks the noise, and my sweaty hands loosen their grip on the steering wheel.

"I think um-," I start, unsure of if he'll approve of my idea or not, "that plant nursery where we got kidnapped. It's a landmark we all know. If anyone is gonna come looking for us then it's best we spend the night there."

He nods his head accordingly and my chest eases as a whispered "okay" leaves his mouth. If any time would be a good time for panicking, it'd be now, but it's wise of us to keep each other strong.

We pull up to the worn down building, which stands exactly how we left it. Though this time we don't have bags over our heads and our hands tied together.

Our hands are a different kind of tied now.

The school's smoke continues to rise in the distance, covering the evening sky in a black haze.

I sit down on a stack of bagged soil, the mulch providing a surprisingly comfy spot to rest. Meanwhile Taehyung paces back and forth around the store, finding whatever he can on the shelves to occupy his thoughts away from our friends.

He shuffles between the isles, a slight limp on his right leg. "Pacing isn't gonna help." I say, only for him to ignore me and continue to scuffle about.

The energy in the building was stagnant, and I stare in the corner where I'd seen Taehyung held to the floor with a gun to his head. This place didn't hold a very nice memory, but it was safe, for now.

I lay back on the soil bags, shutting my eyes and falling asleep to the sound of his shoes. And soon enough, through my half-awoken state, the pacing stops and he does the same.

JUNGKOOKS POV:

Night fell quickly on Jimin, Yoongi, and I, the three of us staring out the pink bedroom window at what Yoongi has begun to call "the fall of bangtan". Though Jimin slapped him every time he used the term.

As hard as our eyes could focus all afternoon, we could never see well enough through the smoke. Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jin could've gone back to the jeep and drove off with the others, and we wouldn't have seen a thing.

The others. My heart longs to see Taehyung again and look into y/n's eyes, clear and immune without a trace of infection. I hope she's safe.

Jimin proposed that we rest in shifts through the night and get back to the school at first light to see if there's any survivors in the building.

Though Suga hyung was the only one who got any amount of shut eye. Jimin and I silently fought in harsh whispers through the night, insisting the other must rest, only to fake it for one another's contempt.

And I truly was tired, but couldn't stop the sounds of my racing mind and beating heart.

Now at the rise of long awaited dawn, it's time for our trio to move.

I think about the mission, and how we're about to face off against many undead zombies in a dangerous setting of dying fire. Though the usual bubble of fear in my stomach was absent, instead replaced with a trembling anger.

We jump the fence and approach our fallen school, heading in through the same door we exited from. The fallen ceiling beam sits exactly where it left itself, still smoking away with dark orange embers.

Yoongi insists we head right, thinking maybe Hoseok ended up somewhere on the east wing of the school, considering that's the way we last saw him take off towards.

One of the infected reaches for Jimin and he stabs it in the temple, releasing a grunt of frustration. Smiling and content with his work, I follow his gaze to Yoongi, who speaks up suddenly.

"Do you see that?" He asks, suddenly running toward the cafeteria. "No? What are you—woah, Min Suga hyung slow down!" Jimin calls quietly after him, the two of us eagerly trying to keep the tension at bay.

Yoongi dodges a few zombies and enters the kitchen. Luckily for Jimin and I, they focus enough on him through the glass windows so we can sneak through the other entrance.

"MinSuga?" I ask my shorter friend who is standing near the back kitchen wall, staring at it in silence.

The infected bang on the windows behind us, snarling hungrily. Joining Yoongi's side, a message in black substance is revealed, written on the wall in familiar handwriting.

"방탄" All written in Korean. Bangtan.

"Follow the signs to Inglewood, find the stadium, get to the safe haven."

My heart jumps at the korean lettering, there was not a single doubt in my mind that Namjoon was here.

The three of us gawk at the clue, all dumbfounded by the miracle message to find our brothers.

"What does it mean?" A deep and hoarse voice speaks from behind us. We whip around quickly, all startled at the foreign Englishman.

The attacker from Jack's group, Thor looking guy, stands before us. The same katana Jack was using at his home base sits tightly in the suspects hand.

We stare at him blankly, all frozen and unwilling to tell him what he wants. After a few seconds of silence he holds the katana high in the sky, and just before he strikes it down onto Jimin's head, I grab onto his wrist.

I'm not sure what's coming over me, but the anger inside turns into exploding fury, and I'm going to make sure this man never recovers from what he's done here.

His arm shakes as it struggles beneath my grasp on his wrist, while Jimin and Yoongi continue on being completely still to the right of me.

I push against his strength, spinning the katana around, causing the large man to stab himself in the stomach. I kick him away and he falls to the ground with an umph.

"It means fuck you asshole." I say in english, landing a punch right in his rugged jaw. Blood spurts out the side of his mouth and he coughs up at me from the ground, his once ruthless eyes now remorseful and sad.

"Let's go JK." Yoongi calls, the creaky sound of the kitchen door following his words.

I step back slowly from the man, nearly reaching the door before picking up the closest kitchen utensil. Happening to be a frying pan.

With a grunt, I throw the pan as hard as possible, breaking the windowed glass and allowing the zombies to enter the room.

We leave the building in a hurry, leaving the sound of Thor's screams in pain behind us. The jeep outside is revealed to be missing, along with our friends.

Even if it was just Namjoon, somebody made it out, and we're following instructions to Inglewood.