11 // Home

YOUR POV:

You know that feeling when you wake up and forget where you are? It's called Confusion Arousal, or Sleep Drunkenness.

The first time I remember having it was at my mothers new home after the first night I ever spent in America.  I woke up, looked around, and felt a rush of adrenaline inside. The pale blue walls and decorate art was unfamiliar to me, and confusing to my freshly opened eyes.

I felt it again today. The school ceiling blocky and white, a poster on the wall saying "No more dreaming, just doing", and an old teachers desk to my left.

It wasn't until my eyes frantically looked to the floor and saw J-Hope sleeping there that I remembered where I was.

The classroom door clicks open and I turn around, Jin entering the square room with a smile. His clothes were dirty and tasseled, tue black t-shirt now covered in several holes and revealing patches of pale torso.

The rest of the boys continue to lie where they slept, some still snoozing while others stare into thought just as I do.

Jimin clings onto V, whose black hair is sticking up in the back, and hanging over his eyes in the front.

Yoongi is uncomfortably somehow still sleeping as his body hangs onto one of the desks, half on, half off. His mouth is agape and head upside down, a head that is a light shade of pink from all of the blood that rushes to it.

Jungkook is awake but face down in his pillow, and mumbles an almost inaudible good morning to Jin. Namjoon is nowhere to be found.

"Little brothers?" Jin lightly calls around the room with a goofy tone in his voice. His eyes meet mine and he speaks again, "Little sister?"

Jungkook smushes a "wut?" into his pillow, sending Jin into a short-lived fit of giggles. "Who would like some," He pauses between the words, "breakfast?".

The entire room perks up, myself included, all excited to be fed. So Jin leads us to the schools front office where a conference room holds the perfect dining table.

John and Namjoon together had prepared us a vegetable soup, full of cucumber, onions both green and white, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and canned beef. All except the beef grown from our very own Hollywood Central football field.

My bowl was warm and salty, like miso soup, and I couldn't get enough of it. John helped a few of the boys to seconds and seemed fulfilled with our happiness. He laughed as we all finally finished slurping down our meal, a big smile plastered on his face over the entire duration.

I look to Namjoon, who was missing from the room this morning, right as he's giving a nod to John.

"So John and I got to talking this morning." He tells the group in Korean, and his hyungs look at him with curious eyes.

"He asked how accurate our shooting was, and I told him we haven't used our guns yet, but since he has so many in his armory, he's willing to let us use them to learn."

The boys jump to their feet in excitement as if guns were toys, and this would be a game they'll compete to win at.

"Let's see who the Bangtan shooting Ace is!" Jimin says in a funny voice as he and Taehyung hop onto the dining table, immediately gaining complaints from their friends.

Bangtan.

We head to the football field, each of us given a small revolver or pistol to practice with. Across the field on every yard line, John had set up american football practice dummies for us to shoot at.

From far to close range, the first group attempts shooting their targets. Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, and I all firing the weapons simultaneously, the gunshots loud and echoing for miles.

My heart races as the second group cheers us on, Jungkook, Jimin, and Hoseok all screaming my name over and over again as each target is hit. Meanwhile V stays quiet and every once in a while congratulates Namjoon or encourages Jin.

The shooting commences and I watch as my bullet pierces the last and final dummy, right in the face. I laugh in confidence and jump up and down like a child, pointing at my accomplishment.

"HOW DID YOU DO THAT TO ALL OF THEM?" Jimin yells, and my face drops, scanning all of my targets to find that no matter what range it was from, I hit the face on every dummy.

The second group begins shooting and my jaw stays practically dropped to the floor, gawking at my newfound talent.

Jungkook and Taehyung were the aces of group two, both also hitting all but one of their targets.

"Y/N is still better." Jimin teases as they finish, trying to abolish their impressment with themselves. They wanted to disagree with him but couldn't lie, I mean, they didn't hit EVERY target let alone EVERY target in the head.

At least everyone did better than Yoongi and Jin, who could barely graze any of the targets, and should probably stick to knives for now.

The rest of the day John let the group explore the school, going from classroom to classroom and enjoying the gym toys that students used to use in P.E.

Not me though. Id been planning a getaway since the first moment I came familiar with the neighborhood next to the school.

It wouldn't be for long, just enough for me to get to my mothers home and find out if she's there, gone, or worst case scenario, carrying around an injured hand that looks like mine.

Though I'm not too confident she'd be as lucky as I am to still be carrying it around

Making my way to the bedroom for my bag, I pass J-Hope in the hallway, giving him a normal smile to keep suspicions low.

Nobody came in while I gathered my things, and I slipped out with ease, checking over my shoulder every second to make sure I don't get caught.

I take the scenic view through the art and music hallway as my exit, walking down it with curiosity.

The walls were black with painted murals of musical notes and art utensils dancing along to a tune that plays in the distance, growing louder as I progress.

The english word "Choir" stares at me from the end of the corridor, and the music grows loudest from outside the last door.

I peer through the foggy window where risers surround a large grand piano, someone sitting on the bench and plucking away at the keys.

Though unable to see their face, their voice is melodic and angelic, sending ASMR-like chills down my temples, around my neck, and along my spine.

"Jeogi meolliseo badaga deullyeo
Kkumeul geonneoseo supul neomeoro
Seonmyeong haejineun geugoseuroga
Take my hands now
You are the cause of my euphoria"

I nearly moan to myself with my own euphoria as the chorus comes to an end, realizing the singer is none other than Jungkook.

Why must he be so good at everything?

With the last beautiful note, the maestro stops playing the keys to look up at me, slightly startled.

Feeling awkward, I turn away and start off again, eager to now exit the school and return to my mission.

"Y/N?" Jungkook reveals himself, and I turn around with a sigh. "Where are you going?" He asks me, stepping forward and eyeing my backpack.

"I have something I need to do. I'll be back later." I turn away again, only for him to this time grab my hand and stop me.

"No. It's too dangerous." He sterns, his dark eyes looking into mine. "I'm sorry JK," using the nickname he was often called by his brothers, "there's no way you're going to stop me. I'll be fine, but I have to do this."

His adam's apple moves as he gulps and his eyes shake, looking between my own. I feel small under his gaze, nervous by the way he studies my face while thinking of what to say next.

Are these, butterflies?

I was going to object to my own inspection until the tiny butterflies erupt into a giant flock of them with his next words.

"Then I'm coming with you."