31 // Folklore

[ flashbacks are in italics and will be told from  an all knowing point of view ]

YOUR POV:

A beeping sound is far away from me in the darkness of my mind. I speak subconsciously about the nuisance before realizing that I'm asleep and slowly coming to.

Sleep drunkenness overcomes me quickly as the noise grows louder and I open my eyes. The light is harsh on my retinas, causing me to squint at the unfamiliar room and let tears water down my cheeks.

I bring my hand up to my face for coverage, to find that the new wound on my arm is now wrapped in bandages and no longer bleeding.

The room is completely white, with no decoration on the walls except for a lonely window to my right. I lay in a surgical chair and an IV sticks into my uninjured arm.

"Is this heaven?" I shyly think to myself, followed by a "don't be so silly".

This is the safe haven.

Suddenly, a woman with blonde hair tied tightly into a bun presses open the door. Her eyes widen when meeting mine, and she scurries off without another word, obviously surprised to see me awake.

Attempting to move, my entire body is sore, so I stare out the window in curiosity. Snowy mountains peak just over the sill and dark clouds loom over them, threatening to drop more flakes down onto them.

The door opens once again, snapping my weak gaze back toward it.

Jungkook.

His hair is pulled halfway into a bun, and the usual rabbit toothed smile plays on his face. "Hey." He says softly but excitedly.

I grin up at the boy as he takes a seat at my side, grabbing onto my left hand. "We did it." Giving it a little squeeze. "You've been asleep for three days, we feared it was gonna be months before you'd wake up."

My head spins in thought. Three days? It felt like minutes between being in the tour bus and this moment now.

"Is everyone okay?" I ask, caring more about my friends than myself.

He nods his head quickly and licks his lips, preparing to explain more. "Everybody made it out, almost without a scratch. Yoongi's got a broken arm and the rest of us bruised up, but yes, we're all okay."

I nod my head, overwhelmed but soothed at his words. He takes notice that I'm still tired, and smacks his lips as if to conclude the conversation.

"Rest some more, the nurse wants you to eat a bit before doing anything. I'll check on you later."

Jungkook leans over and presses a kiss to my cheek, just as I had on his, days ago. He exits the room just as quickly as he entered it, and a nurse follows shortly after.

She gives me a bowl of oatmeal, glass of milk, and an apple. The fresh food reminding me of the lives we shared at John's school.

[ flashback ]

The boys didn't know if y/n was going to make it.

Her arm bled severely as the bus tumbled off of the bridge, sending the five of them soaring along with it.

Yoongi landed sideways on the countertop of the bus, before it tilted back onto its feet. The bone hung low between his wrist and elbow, bending in the section that was supposed to be straight and horizontal.

Jungkook cried in horror as y/n's hair begun to bleed red just as severely as her arm did, and she lay motionless in the seat. Her head had broken the passenger side window on impact, and he feared her skull had mimicked the shatter.