24 // Stolen Moments

YOUR POV:

"Do you like Mexican food?" Taehyung asks, making me jump at the sudden break in silence.

The two of us were at the back door of our hideout for the night, attempting to get inside.

The words "Lupe Tortilla" stare at me in colorful letters as I pick the lock of the back entrance, and I sigh in concentration.

"Taehyung, I like any kind of food." I finally respond to my friend, just as I succeed in my mission, swinging open the door.

He giggles slightly as the two of us enter, first passing a dumpster room and then into the restaurants kitchen.

"Watch your back, it might not be empty." I tell V, pulling out an arrow from my backpack and lining it up in the bow. I've been feeling guilty about neglecting my weapon since I first acquired it from Home Depot weeks ago now.

He nods at me and the two of us split up. Many smells waft in and out of my nose, as some of the food here is rotten, and some still smells edible.

I find some stale tortilla chips, edible.
An old tub of salsa, inedible.
A bucket of avocados, absolutely not edible.
Different types of beans, jackpot.

I gather the chips and beans and find myself exiting the kitchen alongside Tae. The restaurant was completely empty and each table clean as if ready to serve customers.

"Hey, check this out." Taehyung says in a low voice under his breath, pointing at the bar top, climbing on top of it and grabbing a few bottles of alcohol.

"Have you tried these?" He grabs at every beer and liquor he can, setting them up on the bar in front of himself. "Some of them." I respond, taking a seat on a barstool as if I'm a customer, and he's the bartender.

"Let's have a taste test." He smiles, slamming his hands on the ceramic before running around and taking a seat next to me.

Several glasses hang above our heads, and he grabs a tall one down, beginning to pour one of the beers inside, though that's definitely not the type of drink this glass was made for.

He takes a swig and slides the glass to me, nodding his head furiously at the taste, and I laugh at the fact that one might have thought V was already drunk without knowing his personality.

He points at the glass with wide eyes, telling me to take a drink as well. I was never a big beer drinker, though I shoot it down anyway.

As soon as the glass leaves my lips he grabs another one down and begins to fill it up with something new.

I take in my surroundings as my eyes begin to droop, knowing I'll want to get some rest soon. "Keep filling them, Ill be right back." I tell Taehyung, before lifting myself off of the seat and exiting the bar.

Some blankets lay over barrels and table tops as decoration, and I remove them willingly, claiming them as my own.

I set up a palette on the floor in one of the corners of the restaurant, attempting to make it as cozy as possible.

A noise is apparent behind me, though I know it's Taehyung. I turn around to face him and find that his stature is completely new. As if that within the five minutes I was gone, he'd downed a few bottles, and is now in a new tipsy state I've never seen him in before.

His eyes are darker than usual and narrow themselves at me, so I take a seat on the palette and pat the floor next to me as an invite for him to join me.

He still holds several bottles of liquor in his arms and I take the tequila willingly, excited to find something I know I like. "Can I ask you something?" I break the silence, turning to my friend who sits closely to me.

His mouth sits parted open slightly and he nods his head. "Why were you so mean to me up until the past few days?" He watches my lips as I speak and turns away after hearing my words, taking another swig of his alcohol of choice.

"You really want to know?" He says, before side eyeing me with a smirk. I nod my head and lean back onto one of my arms, getting comfortable.

"I didn't trust you." He says, now turning to face me. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel something when his eyes meet mine, because butterflies erupt, and I question him again. "Why not?"

He smiles, once again eyeing my lips and taking a drink. "A pretty girl comes along and steals my hyungs away, my Jungkook away, I wasn't very happy about that." His eyes never leave me while he speaks, watching as I take a sip of my own drink.

"I never stole them. They were just as much mine as they were yours." I tell him and look away, finding myself annoyed with his answer to my question.

"Are you sure?" He asks me this time in a raspy low voice, his breath touching my face as he leans in closer. "Even when you and Jungkook found yourselves alone?" I shiver at his words, and I see him lick his lips in my peripheral vision.

"Don't be jealous." I say, still refusing to face him.

"That's just the thing y/n," He returns almost immediately, "I am."

Finally, I revert my eyes to Taehyung and find his own. Our faces just inches apart, his breath hitting my own lips that his eyes haven't broken sight of.

Suddenly, he crashes our mouths together, one of his boney hands on my neck, pulling me closer to him. I moan into the kiss and press my tongue against his own, feeling his teeth bite at my lower lip.

His breath was hot and body language filled with lust as his free hand grabs at my waist and the fabric of the bottom of my tank top. His lips tasted of beer and I move into the kiss with ease, before I remember.

I pull away suddenly, putting one of my hands on his shoulder and the other on his chest. "I can't." I say, and disappointment fills his face.

"I know." He whispers back, some of the breath lingering over me again, and I resist the urge to kiss him again.

"Why didn't you say something earlier? Before Jungkook-," I question, and he shakes his head with a smile while letting go of me, his body language now shy and regretful.

"You love him, that was always in your cards."

My heart aches at his words, and I once again resist pouncing on the boy. I don't even know if Jungkook is alive, or would feel the same if I ever saw him again. I could jump onto Taehyung right now, get some long awaited sexual relief, and never look back.

I felt a connection to Taehyung, but without answers, I couldn't do this to Jungkook.

Tae puts a friendly arm around my neck and the two of us lay back, staring up at the wooden ceiling.

His touch was warm, and I fall asleep quickly, wanting to leave what happened here in the past.

I dream about the school, seeing Namjoon walking in front of me down the hallway where Hoseok dances on a cafeteria table. Seokjin locks eyes with me from where I sit next to him and I reach out for the older boy, but he disappears like a ghost. In my half aware state I question the air, knowing it's a dream yet still asking why Seokjin didn't stay, and Jimin calls out for me. "Y/N?" He asks, his voice loud in my ears. I couldn't see him in the dream, yet he sounded so close.

"Y/N wake up!" He calls once again, and I shake out of my slumber.

Jimin leans over me with a large smile on his face. "Wakey wakey y/n-nie!"