dragon training

Hicca's pov:

I slowly opened my eyes to see the I was awake before the sun was up. I got up changed into my long sleeved green shirt, a green skirt, my brown fur vest, a brown leather belt, my brown leggings, and my brown fur boots, then I tied my long auburn hair into a braid. I grab my sketchbook, and my charcoal pencil, then head to the forge that was already finished being rebuilt last night, with the axe my dad gave me last night. I was sharpening some weapons like how I usually do when I have some free time, I was doing this until the sun was up.

Gobber eventually woke up and was surprised to find me here so early. "Morning Hicca you're up bright and early lass." He said putting on his wooden hand. "Yeah since I had nothing to do I decided to come here and sharpen some weapons." I said putting down the sword I was sharpening. "Well since you're here lass, you can help me get the first lesson ready." He said, I smiled and nodded at him then I grab my axe and I walk to the dragon fighting arena. When we got there I could hear the dragons yell out.

"Let me out please!" "Your dead meat once I get out of here!!" "When I get out of here I'm going to make you all wish you never born." I covered my ears because it was too painful to hear any of this, Gobber noticed this and asked. "You all right lass?" he asked concerned for me. "Yeah I'm fine, just a little head ache that's all." I said quickly because, he doesn't know that I can talk to dragons nor does anyone else.

I helped Gobber get the first lesson ready for the day, after we were done Gobber went outside to wait for the other teens by the other side of the bridge, while I was left alone with the dragons in their cages. I stand by the one the cages and I was guessing I was near the Deadly Naddar's cage, so I walked to the gronkles cage. "Hello Gronkle." I said in a low voice so the other's wouldn't hear me. "What do you want human." It said in angry and scared voice. "I just want to know if you have a name or not." I said, from what I was guessing she was a little surprised by what I said to her.

"You can understand me?" She said with calm voice but she was still on her guard. "Yeah. So do you have a name or not?" I asked again wondering if she will tell me or not. "I don't have a name, you humans just call us beast or devils." She said hissing at me a little. "Can I give you a name?" I asked with some hope in my voice if she will, the dragon was silent for a minute then spoke. "OK, only if you tell me your name." She said in a stern voice kinda like my dad but more female. "OK my name is Hicca, and yes it's a weird name. My dad told me it was to scare off trolls or something like that." I said laughing a little.

"Okay what name could be good for a Gronkle." I thought to myself than something came to my mind. "Can I call you Meatlug?" I asked and waited for a reply. "Sure I like that name." The dra- I mean, Meatlug said happy with the name I gave her. "Well I need to get ready before my idiot cousin gets here and beats me up, I promise to talk you again tomorrow." I said leaving to get ready for the lesson.  "Okay good bye Hicca." Meatlug said in happy voice.

I waited by the side of the entrance of the arena and waited for the others to come. When they finally came they were talking about scars, I roll my eyes then said. "Why would you even want a scar." they turned around to the sound of my voice. The teens that came were the the twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut other wise known as a the village dummies, Fishlegs an expert when it comes to dragons, Snoutlout my dumb cousin, and Austin my former friend and crush. "Ugh who brought useless here." Snoutlout said in disgust since I was here, then he got a hit on the back of the head from Gobber and I couldn't help but laugh a bit.   

After an explanation on what kind of dragons were here, Fishlegs gave us all a few facts about the dragon. "All right you are all gonna face the Gronckle." Gobber said holding onto the lever that held Meatlug's cage when Snoutlout spoke. "Wait aren't you gonna show us how first?" he asked a little scared on the out come. "He's a blacksmith dummy, he believes in learning on the job." I said rolling my eyes a little. "Thank you Hicca, but that won't help you." he said then pulled down the lever, which released Meatlug and it started coming after us. "Today's lesson is all about surviving, get hit by any off the fire balls and you're out." Gobber said as I grabbed a shield, he asked me to help prepare with, I could see the twins fighting over a shield then Meatlug hits the shield, making it split in two, then twins were out.