helping and understanding a dragon

Austin's pov:

I was sitting by the fire with the others and Gobber was telling us all a story on how he lost his hand and foot, I was lucky enough to come here since I hit Hicca with my axe. "...And with one twist, he took my hand and swallowed it whole! And I saw the look on his face; I was delicious! he must've have passed the word because it wasn't long before another one of them showed up and took my leg." he said grabbing a piece of chicken.

"Great story Gobber, it's not like I heard it fifty times." Hicca said sarcastically as she came up the stairs, Gobber chuckled. "How's you arm lass." he asked while Fishlegs moved aside for Hicca to sit down. "It stings a little, but I'll manage this isn't the first injury I got anyway." She said glaring at me, Snoutlout, and the twins. "Hey Gobber don't you think it was weird to think your hand was in a dragons mouth." said Fishlegs. "Like if your mind was still in control of it, you could've killed the dragon by crushing its heart or something." Fishlegs suggested and I will admit that would be cool to see.

"I swear I'm so angry right now." Snoutlout growled out. "I'll avenge your beautiful hand and beautiful foot. I'll chop of the legs of every dragon I fight- with my face." He said then tearing the chicken he had in to two.

"Uh-uh. It's the wings and tail you really want." Gobber said looking at all of us. "If can't fly it can't get away. A downed dragon is a dead dragon." he said then got up and stretched a bit. "Alright, I'm off to bed. You should be, too. Tomorrow we get the big boy's. Slowly but surly making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare. But who will win the honor of killing it." He said I looked at everyone and Hicca was gone, I look by the stairs and saw she was already leaving. I didn't think much off it so I just sit back down and finish my food.

Hicca's pov: 

When I heard Gobber said dragons need both their wings and tail to fly. I realized why Toothless didn't fly away, was because his tail fin destroyed, I stopped listening to Gobber after he said Monstrouse Nightmare. I make sure no one was watching me and I leave the tower then head to the forge, I felt like Austin glanced at me while I was going down the stairs but it was probably my imagination.

I when got to the forge I go in as quick as I could. I know Gobber wasn't gonna be here, but I lock the doors just to be safe. I walked to my desk and moved aside all my drawings, then I pull out my sketchbook. I open my sketchbook to the drawing of Toothless and I add the a tail fin on the sketch which was his missing tail fin, then I start to get to work.

5 hours later~ 

It may have taken me almost all night to make but it was finished. I put my sketchbook in my fur vest, I picked up the tail fin prototype with my arms and leave the forge. It was a few minuets before sunrise so I got a basket of fish for toothless, then head to the cove.

"Hey toothless~" I said sweetly and he wakes up from his sleep and stretched a little. "Morning Hicca you're here early I thought you had dragon training today." He said then walked to me. "Well that won't start until noon, I wanted to bring you some breakfast and a big one. " I said opening the basket, but instead of eating he growled at it for some reason. "What's wrong?" I asked walking to the basket and see what's wrong.

I see an eel and Toothless seemed to be staring directly at it. I pull out the eel and he gave out a loud and angry hiss. "Woah, woah, it's ok." I said throwing the eel aside. "Yeah I don't like eel that much either." I said wiping away eel oil of my hand. "Why don't you like eels?" I asked curious on why he acted like that. "Dragons are severely allergic to eel. It can make us sick and we end up hallucinating for a week." He said then started eating the fish. "I see, sorry about that." I said putting the tail fin behind me. "It's ok you didn't know." He said and continued to eat the fish then I slowly walk to his tail.

I move the fake tail fin close to his tail but it kept on moving. It took a little while to put it on, so I got on top of his tail and I managed to put the strap on him and the rest of the tail fin. "Not too bad I suppose, it could use a little more work but it will do for now." I said to myself. "What are you doing?" Toothless asked and I was guessing he was already done with the fish. "Oh don't worry about it." I said hoping he'd believe me. Before I could get off his tail, a huge gust of wind came and I was lifted into the air. I screamed and flailed my arms, grabbing onto Toothless's tail.

"I'm flying?!" Toothless said looking down at the ground while I was holding on for dear life. "TOOTHLESS!!!" I yelled out not letting go of his tail. "Hicca? What are you doing?" He asked while bending his head down to see me. "Well I'm trying to stay alive." I said looking at him in the eye. The fake tail fin closed and we started falling, I grab the tail fin and open it then we started flying again. "Yes, Yes, it worked." I screamed out of joy, but I accidentally fall off Toothless's tail and I fall down at the water along with Toothless.

I quickly swim up and feel relieved to breath in the air. I look around and see a dark but bright glowing light under the water of the small lake in the cove. Since I was too curious not to leave it alone, I take a deep breath and dived back down. I swim to the source of the light and see Toothless glowing in the bright light, I didn't know what I saw and just stayed there for a few seconds. When the light faded away I didn't see a dragon but instead a person I couldn't see him properly so I didn't know what he looked like, he saw me and looked at his hands.

I swim up to him and gesture to him we need to go up, he nodded and we started swimming up. I breath in the air and I got a proper look at the guy with me. He had pitch black hair, pale skin, dark clothes, and acid-green eyes. "Toothless?" I said looking at him closely. "Hehe, surprise?" is all he said, we get out of the water and I said. "You can change into a human!" I almost yelled out but I was little cold from the water. "Yeah, I'm a dragon hybrid that can change into a human and dragon." He said while drying off a little.

"Also did you do something with my tail fins?" He asked looking at me in the eye. "W-well n-no, I-I ma-made you an-another t-tail f-fin since y-yo-you on-only h-have one, b-but it's st-still a pr-prototype." I said shivering a bit and stuttering in my words. I was about to sit down when Toothless hugged me. "Thanks, you're the best." He said I blushed a little cause he felt more warm as a human than a dragon. He was hugging me tight and I feel a bit of pain. "Ow! Toothless my arm." I said cause it started to hurt again. "Oh sorry." He said letting me go.

We both sat down on the ground for awhile and we were quiet for about minute. "So do you have any questions to ask?" he said and only a few questions came to me. "Do you have any other forms?" I asked wondering if he could change into something else. "Well...I'm supposed to have 3 forms. First is my Night fury. Second is my human form which is what I am now, and the third is my human form with my wings, tail, and ears, but I won't get that until I turn 18." He said coming closer to me. "How old are you now?" I asked sitting closer to him since he felt so warm.

"I'm currently 15." He said with a nice smile. "Heh. I'm only 14." I said giggling a bit. "Anything else?" he asked and I thought for a second and said. "Does anything disappear when you turn into a human?" I said and waiting for his respond. "Well yeah, for example the tail fin you made disappeared and is now part of dragon form it just doesn't show." He said lying down on his back, I look at the sun and I had to leave to help Gobber prepare the ring.

"Well I need to get back before Gobber gets worried on where I am, not to mention I still have to dry up." I said getting up from the ground. "You'll come back tomorrow right?" Toothless asked getting up from his sitting position. "Of course." I said happily and walking backwards to the exit/entrance.

When I got home to dry off I couldn't stop thinking about how Toothless looked and how sweet he sounded to me, my heart kept beating at a fast pace, the way he felt so warm was amazing and felt lovely. I try to distract myself with getting some eel for later just in case, then head to the ring.