Chapter 2|My Close Friend's Close Friend's Crush

The next day at school,(C/F/N) came rushing to me shouting something I could hardly understand.She always talks about getting whatever she wants.So I think,as Shu said yesterday night,he proposed to her yesterday night after chatting with me,or today morning,and she reached Cloud 9 instantly.Who would've thought,right?

   I told her to calm down,and tell me what happened.But,still she's full of energy.She's a real sweetheart,but can be such a pain in the ass sometimes (😑)......

   'Tell me,what got you so excited?' I asked her,though I already knew the answer.

   'The Beyblade Prodigy Shu Kurenai proposed to me yesterday night through IG.......!!!!!' she exclaimed.So I was right.Hm,my mind-reading skills have improved a lot!

   'Really?That's awesome.' I replied bluntly.Honestly,I was a tad bit disappointed,as you know,Shu's also my crush (😅).........

   'But,I don't know whether I'm making the right decision.Would you please talk to him too?I think that will be good,' she said.

   'What?No,that's the last thing I would want.If she finds that I was the one who encouraged Shu to.......No,I won't,' I thought.Of course it would mean that Shu will be more interested in (C/F/N).....

   '(Y/N)?You there?' she snapped me back into reality.

   'Huh?Yeah,I'm here.'

   'So I was thinking you don't sound happy about my newly found relationship with Shu.'

   'What?No no!I really am happy!A lot!'

   'Really?That's great!Then,I don't think you need talk with Shu anymore.Do you want to,though?'

   'That's the last thing I want,' I thought.Of course it would be the last thing I'd want.

   'No,I think I'm good.'

   'OK!'

   Energetic as always.I don't know how,but she's always energetic.She is always so cheerful.And,that is a good thing for health as well (😊).But,I'm not that much of a 'cheerful' person.

   I just smiled at her and went to my seat.

   *Time skip to the end of school*

   I was going home when,on the way,I bumped into a random guy.Later I saw that it was my ex-boyfriend,(Ex-bf/N).I wish I had rather ran into a car instead.

   The reason for our break-up was pretty simple,actually.He was cheating on me because I'm really innocent for him yada yada and stuff,but I found that reason stupid.

   I wanted to ignore him and go on,but he blocked my way.He's been trying to get me back for quite a while now,but I'm not that much forgiving (😌). Heh.....I'm an angel in disguise (😏😏).......(Note the sarcasm).

   I somehow managed to push him away and away from there as fast as my legs could carry me.

   I opened my door an locked it very carefully so that he can't come in.When I made sure he isn't following me,I went to take a quick shower.

   *Time skip to the evening*

   I was chatting with my cousin again, as I had finished my studies already again today as well,when I got an incoming text from Shu.I didn't want to reply,as I knew he would text stupid and annoying things.But,thinking he might feel bad,I did reply.

Shu:How're you doing today?
Me:I don't know.
Shu:Are you free now by any chance?
Me:I wouldn't be texting you if I wasn't 
      free,right?
Shu:Oh,right.Anyway,can you tell me
        something about that friend of
        yours?
Me:What about her?
Shu:She told me she has a friend who
        has a crush on me as well.
Me:There are many girls in my school who do.
Shu:She said her name is.......
Me:Is.......?
Shu:I think it began with 'A'.
Me:There are many girls whose names
       begin with 'A'.Besides,why do you
       even want to know about her?
       Aren't you (C/F/N)'s boyfriend?
Shu:I am,but........
Me:But.........what?
Shu:I like (C/F/N),but not there's
        someone else who also managed to
        steal a piece of my heart.

   'Oh really?I wonder who could that be.' I thought.But,I'm not interested in knowing that particular girl that much.

Me:That's good.
Shu:So what are you doing?
Me:Hatching eggs.And chatting with
       you.Though,do you want some of
       my eggs?
Shu:No thanks.I'm good.
Me:Is there anything else you want to
       tell me?
Shu:The thing that I want to tell you......I
        can't.
Me:Well,what is that 'thing'?
Shu:Nevermind.Talk to you later
        then.Bye.Take care.

   He went offline.Not to say,I don't like this side of Shu.As far as I know him,he's not the type of  person who would keep secrets.I feel like don't know him anymore.What could it have been that he was hesitant to tell me?

   As I was also getting bored with chatting,I went offline.

   *Time skip to the beginning of midnight*

   I was getting ready to sleep (not really😁) when I got a call from unknown number.From the looks of it,it looked like a US number.Who do I know in the US?

   I shrugged off the suspicious feeling,and received it.Now I wish that I hadn't.

   'Yes?' I said.

   'Is this (C/F/N)'s close friend?' the 'unknown' caller asked.Oh,now I know who this is.How could have I not realized this before?I'm stupid,that's how.

   'Yes,this is she,Shu.How may I help you?Or did you just call to irritate me?' I asked annoyed.

   'It's almost midnight in your country right?' he asked.Is he trying to put up a normal conversation here?

   'Yeah,but why do you wanna know?'

   'Just curious.'

   'That's a strange curiosity.'

   'Can you please tell me your name?'

   'Didn't I tell you yesterday that it's better if you didn't know my name?'

   'Then what should I call you?'

   'Why do you need to know what to call me by?You can call me by anything you want.And besides,why do you even need to talk or chat with me?What point are you trying to make?'

   'There's a very vital point,but I'm not sure whether I should say it or not.I'm extremely sorry for being so confusing.'

   'You should be.Bye.'

   I was about to hang up when he told me to stay for just a little longer.Honestly,I really am starting to hate Shu now.(No offense to other Shu fangirls)!!!!!

   'What is it?'

   'I think you'll be mad if I say it.'

   'Then don't!Why are you eating my head?'

   'I love you.'

   No answer.

   '(C/F/N)'s close friend?'

   No answer.

   'That's why I said I was confused whether to tell it to you or not.'

   '(Y/N).'

   'What?'

   'My name.......is (Y/N) (L/N).'

   'Should I......consider this as a yes or.....?'

   'Don't consider anything.I'm tired.I'll talk with you later.Bye.'

   'Bye.'

   We hung up.Shu just proposed to me.He just said he loves me.How is this even possible?I don't know.I need rest.Thinking about this,I drifted off to sleep.Surprisingly,I'd dreams of getting married to Shu.Weird.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everybody!!!This's author-chan over here.One more chapter of 'Best Gift Ever!!!!!(A Tribute to Shu Kurenai's Birthday' has been published.Please do read it,and don't forget to share it!!!

PS-There are a couple of changes here and there,so please do notice them while reading it.And.......I'M EXTREMELY SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE!!!!!!!!!

This is author-chan signing out!!!