Chapter 4 - Nostalgia

a/n: this is some short breddy/brett and eddy fluff i wrote for the biannual and well-recognized fan project: two set week! their latest project for october is a fanzine "around the world in 40 hours", a collaboration of many artists, editors, and writers. here's my work which i'd like to give some background before you read.

disclaimer: this is not an eddy x reader chapter but a sole breddy chapter. (ok maybe treat the staff member as y/n if you will) i write this under their theme of a hot air balloon, in which this piece contains my nostalgic childhood memories in ocean park, where they used to have hot air balloon rides for 20m afloat (this is terminated due to safety concerns and not revived as the passage suggests). due to the pandemic situation, ocean park nearly closed down from high operational costs and the government subsidy part is also true.

as i write, i reflect on the 6 months i've been in this tsv community. which i also tweeted about on my twitter in case u havent followed, i'll repost my tweet on the "announcements" section. in this passage, i mix present scenes with past memories to allow you, my readers, to go down the memory lane. once again, when the fanzine is published, i will drop a link on my bio and i published this chapter beforehand because i've been inactive but i want to write a new chapter, so without further ado, here it is, have a lovely read :)

ok last word: 🌊stan eddy chen with the la mer sweater🌊 he ✨lookin ✨hella ✨fine✨

Brett clicked the lever on his transparent umbrella and shielded his head. He glanced at the tall man beside him to see if he was ready. Eddy exchanged glances with Brett and gave him a wider smile that showed his teeth, revealing his excitement. They're ready to embark on their next destination. They acknowledged a nod and they stepped forward, their hiking shoes meeting the concrete ground and the crunching of gravel sounding within.

It has been seven years since they last came to Hong Kong. In seven years, they have achieved many - having an amazing community of Ling Ling Wannabes on all social media, that were so supportive of their videos. They hosted a live stream, the largest ever yet that held an audience of 44000 viewers. Seven years may be fleeting for anyone, but this journey couldn't be possible without the Twosetters and they were thankful for them. Seven years ago, they received a warm welcome from Hong Kong, enjoying the cheerful feedback from the full-house concert. Yet, they were always humble and they were still two dudes playing the violin. They have finished their latest concert in Hong Kong and are now taking a rest before flying to their next stage. Seven years ago, they already marvelled the beauty of the Victoria Harbour at night and wanted to go somewhere special. They decided to go to the local theme park Ocean Park and enjoy some leisure time there. They have been tired from all the practice and rehearsals and now this is the time for them to rest, and to relax.

"Come on, this is going to be fun!" Eddy whined as he pulled Brett's backpack and wound him back to reality. Perhaps Brett was reminiscing too much that he took a quick turn to the left, bumping into Eddy. Eddy stumbled a little backwards and chuckled to see them like dominoes in action. It was pretty hilarious and they laughed it off like children and others eyed them with concern. Yes, they were twenty-seven and twenty-eight years old, but since the trip to Universal Studios Japan, they haven't been to a theme park in a while so they are, in fact, thirteen and fourteen-year-olds at heart.

"No, I don't wanna!" Brett replied in a rather flighty tone that even he was surprised. Despite his deep timbre voice in Two Set videos, he could go really cute if he goes in the feisty Brettany style.

"Hey mate, we played scissors paper rock just now on who should treat bubble tea and I lost! You could in the very least play this with me, no?"

Brett wasn't sure what he was going for, but he gulped as they reached to the stairs of the queue. He did not recall saying yes to this, nor did he remember entering the great entrance of the clown's mouth. The Hair Raiser was an infamous ride that was highly suggested by some Hong Kong Twosetters who answered their poll for "rides in ocean park". He just knew that he was walking up higher and higher, reaching to see the next batch of seats.