Chapter 8a - Questions (Viola King)

a/n: dedicated to a very a m a z i n g mutual i've met in this writing space of wattpad, who's been so nice with comments and feedback. this is my first collab chapter and the prompt will be a two-set/two-part story (wow me doing puns, not the first time eyy;) so i will be doing 8a and she's gonna do 8b. check out her book "if only", which is also a eddy x reader book !!

 this is not only a celebration for 1.1k reads (thanks to  Frizz_and_Lizst for reminding) but also my first collaboration i've done with anyone regarding twoset, so this is exciting for me to start with!

beforeyouread (byr) : slight mentions of victorian era and references of feudal society. inspired by linglingisinus, their work is immaculate! (congrats on 7k reads:3)

prompt : viola king

tw // twoset recent controversies turned metaphors, please don't read it if you would be triggered easily

this is written in eddy pov

"Viola gang, Viola gang, Viola gang, Viola gang, Viola gang, Viola gang, Viola gang," I chanted as the camera panned my way, swaying to the downbeats of the music, enjoying the vibe. Just as I was trying to pull out my precious instrument to flash out the holy C string, the director called it off and I frowned. "What, I said the correct lyrics!" protesting like a child losing his ice cream.

"Your majesty, this is amazing. There is simply a new part of the palace renovated and we thought it would be best to showcase the entirety of the house to our civilians. Forgive me, if I was too blunt in all this."

I fixed my burgundy robe, nodding and accepting the clause. After all, the civilians do not know much about my administration. It deems best if they could witness an overview of the residence I accommodate in. Clapping my hands, the little man retreated and called off the whole team to relocate to the next quarters of the palace, approximately a five-minute walk to arrive.

As we proceeded, I took my crown off, touched the jewels on it, wiped the fingerprints slightly with my robe and just stared them. As the camera turns on, I see the iridescent flashlight and the reflection of the sparkling crown.

I see power.

I see honour.

But with this crown I'm holding, even with the multi-chromed jewels, they bear little weight. The crown is light, and if I send it flying in the sky, it falls back to my hands, returning what I deserve. The mere title of a Viola King.

What makes a good king?

Myself?

I questioned. Sure, after the downfall of the previous evil leader Kachikawawa, I have brought my kingdom stability, a reign of peaceful order that they have never faced. I remember walking along the streets in the disguise of an elite to observe: I see happy people playing instruments of all kinds. Some kids roamed to the stores to buy replications of my robes and held their first violas excitedly to their parents. New manuscripts were printed daily and yes, those are equivalent to what the outside world claims to be the archives with affairs of the globe. (editor san: she meant newspaper, heh.) Why pay attention to worldly issues when music reigns through time? I have never seen a being so powerful that it transcends through centuries that people converse without requiring a common tongue.

What makes a good king?

Leopold barked, bringing me back to reality. I petted him and ruffled his fluff along with my fingers, feeling the subtle warmth breathing beneath my fingertips. I held onto his leash as he wagged his tail joyfully, his eyes strong with determination.