Chapter 6a - Jung

prompt: maybe y/n would be back when eddy and brett met and y/n would be there or something? idk I have stupid ideas ;-; (a/n: don't worry it's not stupid as long as i can think of something:') (dedicated as pinned)

tw // angst

jung.

(n) jeong · 정 · 情

the interconnection between two people that can't be severed.

You heard crying.

You put your hands to your face, touching softly, finding the streak and trail of dried tears but to no avail. You thought you were the one crying. You thought you cried too much from Prelude because who wouldn't? It was their greatest achievement by far and it stirred up this blend of feelings that were more than joy and sadness. You wondered their inspiration from composing this piece because you haven't asked them after your little meltdown from the hug they gave you. But after you uploaded the video last night, you were gone and not in Eddy's basement anymore. You suspected how days work when you meet your major crush or your loved one. Was it this brief, or had it been a day already? The concept still confuses you.

You plucked off your headphones as Prelude finished playing. You gave a little sip to your Matcha tea and finally found the one. A woman left the table, revealing a boy sitting opposite to her. You saw him crying with anguish, crying with pain, as he held his scarf to himself and screamed into it. His tears were uncontrollable as he cried with a short of breath, almost to the state of panic.

No, he was panicking, he was afraid.

He needed help.

But before you knew it, he took the stack of bills, counted them and left some on the table, where you're sure his cup of coffee had already dried down to a stale coolness, losing its aroma and bittersweet taste. It was not worthy to continue consuming so he ran away to leave the bill. He tumbled a little as he left the table and coughed strongly into his scarf. He was leading to the customers' worry and some reached out their hand to help him. He furiously shook his head, muttering words and finally, losing his strength, he fell down. He observed as the woman departed him farther, his tears bled off his soul, his vision weary and blurry, as he saw the woman diminishing to a blot of ink, a shadow disappearing into the light. In tired and attempted words, he uttered,

"Mom, don't leave me."

As if Prelude wasn't sad enough, the following scene made you almost had a breakdown. You couldn't imagine the sorrow behind the boy with glasses, to be abandoned by your only family. How heartbreaking it was, and how disappointing, how hopeless he may feel! You found tissues in your pocket and blew into them because you thought you didn't know him and you know you're not ready to embrace this identity. For you know, whatever it may be, you will be in pain.

Brett was crying and Eddy was not there. Or so you thought.

As Brett left the café with devastation, you saw another boy with his headphones on, his eyes mirroring sympathy and pain. You locked your eyes with him thinking who you may be to him. Eddy was drinking his beverage. His actions were silent and of low-profile, you wondered how he was really feeling inside. He paid the bill and walked over to the table to where Brett used to be, his cup now losing its lukewarm temperature. He wrapped his hands around the cup and realised the check on the table. Slowly, he read the bill and a weak smile formed on his face. He mouthed "Brett" in a whisper, trying to pronounce the name in his voice, hesitating to see if they fit, if this name was meaningful. Each time he said his name, he paused and it became into a small chant.