Chapter 5 - Prelude

You jerk up as your mobile snoozes an alarm. Without any feeling of laxity, you wash up and wear your contact lenses. The few days with Eddy have been a dream and a fizzy of thoughts. Who would've thought that so much has happened between both of you, at least you remember all of them as if they happened yesterday. No matter how many times you splashed water on your face, you could never deny that they these were days of the past.

From experience, you observe your room to try and guess your own "identity" today. You have been many persons of contact to Eddy before and you never felt so confused every time you look like a long-lost acquaintance to him. You returned to your room and was surprised to see a spiral of audial cords on the floor. A set of headphones hung by your beside and your laptop sitting at the seat by your closet. You input the passcode of the laptop and check your agenda. Immediately you received 40+ messages from two people. And yes, it was obvious who they were but you couldn't believe your eyes. The chat was impossible to happen on any phone but they occurred to be on your laptop. You refreshed your server and disconnected your wifi, reconnected your wifi and refreshed the page. This continued for a while, but this chat stays glowing on your screen and you almost screamed.

video ideas + editing

members: brettybrett, edwardchen, you

brettybrett: earth to editor-san???

edwardchen: you getting coffee with us?

You asleep?

What coffee do you want?

I'll get it for you 😊

brettybrett: never mind~ we know you've been tired editing the carrot video,,, that was very censored and aRousing

edwardchen: hahaha a MAzingLY aRousinggg

Wait but should she use mosaic for the carrot

brettybrett: I don't see why not *lenny face*

edwardchen: let the fans I M A G I N E

When you thought nothing could be better than meeting Eddy every day, being EDITOR-SAN, the AMAZING ALMIGHTY EDITOR-SAN, the neutral in the chaotic acidity and alkalinity of Brett and Eddy's chemistry. YOU're the one typing those incredibly small comic-sans and adding old photos of Brett and Eddy, whenever the camera died. THAT's YOU TODAY.

As if on cue, you heard a little knock on your door. It was from then you realized that this was not your room and this room was stuffy. You smelt the fragrance of wood and timber and when you opened the closet, there were violin cases placed right there.

So not only am I Editor-san, I'm in Eddy's basement as well.

The door gave way, revealing Brett and Eddy holding their cups of coffee, slightly startled to see you awake. They were both wearing the "Beethoven Spring Sonata" jumper, and paired it off with high waist jeans and black sneakers. Despite agreeing that they should wear more of their clothes, you can't acknowledge more that they ARE the best models in Two Set Apparel and you would never tire just watching them wear that. It even makes you recollect the moments of you being their photographer, which was an invaluable experience.

Brett nudged Eddy and started, "I told you to be careful when you knock. Editor-san's working off late at nights, you know." Eddy scratched the back of his head and embarrassingly turned away. "Sorry, Editor-san, for the noisy chat. We figured that you may be asleep and just got what we ordered. Here y'go!"

You tried to stay composed because your brain was still trying to work out the situation. They were talking to you as if they've known you from 2016 "you" first edited for them. Yet, you know none of the editings and you didn't know how to work the magic. This stale silence stayed for a while, until you shook your head furiously and taking Eddy's coffee, your fingers slightly brushing his large palm. "Nah, it's alright. That's what you hired me to do, right? Besides the carrot video was... INTERESTING to edit, I guess." You looked down at the floor, cringing at how awkward that may sound. You didn't exactly find the confidence that Editor-san shines in the black backgrounds and white text.