June

a month.
that's how long it's been since johnny had seen anyone. he refused to leave his room, and each time he was caught leaving he had at least an hour long beating. his eye was surrounded by a dark black and purple ring and his jaw had the same one. his arms were littered with cuts, burns, and bruises as were his legs. god he really hated this. but something told him this was as good as it was getting. 

but sometimes, late at night, as he heard the neighbors laughing and lovingly calling out the others name. he looked out his window, holding his stomach in pain, and he saw them dancing and smiling for what seemed like ages. and then he wished he was back with Dally. 

tonight was no different, he was leaning against the window, watching his neighbors tightly hold each other. he whispered something to her which made her smile glow more and then she let out a small laugh. and then he went to his imagination, that's what he relied on nowadays. He imagined that was him and Dally, him whispering something that made him smile and laugh. God it's been a month since he smiled, laughed or heard his voice. 

why couldnt time turn back? to when Dally first asked him out, there first moments together, to when they were in texas, being with betsy-
Betsy! God how had he not thought of that! He quickly got out of bed and ran for the phone. he dug out a piece of paper, dialing the numbers so quickly he swore he almost broke the phone and then it rang.

once.

twice

thre-

"Hi this is the wonderland hotel, this is Elizabeth speaking, how may I help you today?"
Betsy.