august

johnny. 

Betsy snipped the last piece of blonde-bleached hair. "There done!" She smiled, "You are brunette once more" She said and handed me a mirror. I ran a hand through my hair, "i was getting used to it" i mumbled, which wasnt a lie. but that didnt mean i liked it. "Really?" She asked, clapping her hands, "No! I hated it!"
"Aww you looked good blondie."
"Oh please the only one who'd look good in blonde would be Pony."
"That's cause most horses have a blonde mane!" we walked out of the room

Lately things have been great. I almost forgot of Oklahoma even, every night i'd go to bed unharmed and without a black eye. and when i woke up i didnt wake up to sixty messages of "you better be at bucks"
"why the hell did you leave the house" and yelling, lots of yelling.
Betsys mom had to be the nicest woman alive, she sort of reminded me of Mrs. Curtis before she died. I was getting a lot more healthy, i quit smoking so much, i ate more, i stopped crying as much, and i dont feel as cold as before. "hurry johnny or we're gonna be late!"
"coming!" I put on the same jean jacket i wore when i left Oklahoma and headed out, wow. things were okay.

Ponyboy.

"we cannot be ten dollars short- dammit!" Dally yelled. he's been doing that a lot, yelling, we've gotten use to it. "Some of us can stay behind!" Soda said, desperate. we were all desperate. We couldnt get a long without johnny, we just couldnt. And johnny had been gone for 2 months. im surprised one of us hasnt died by a fire or sumthin. "Pony and Dally were closer to Johnny as long as they go it's fine." Darry said, but i knew he wouldnt let me go with Dally only. "Two-bit's youre going as well, you can take care of them and make sure they dont kill someone or get shot." He added on. This was actually happening, okay.

I havent left the house since what happened in January, i was a bit shocked when he said that but wasn't going to say anything since he might change his mind. "You can only be there for one month at most, with johnny or not. but please for the love of god come back with Johnny." we all nodded before he let us go get whatever we needed for a month. I wonder how Dally feels.

Dally.

god i have to let him go.