july

johnny.
it was strange that it was raining in july but it was nice. the sound of the rain hitting the window gently and refreshing the grass and the flowers felt calming.

it felt more calming when Betsy and her mom was out and he could play songs on the record player that he was able to afford.
Betsy had given him a job at the hotel and he had been making pretty good money. his hair was still blonde but it was definitely growing. he was thankful since he didn't think he looked good like that.

"hey johnnyyyy. me and moms are heading out, we left money on the counter if you need something to eat, be careful and call us if anything k?" Betsy said, johnny nodded and smiled, perfect timing.

when he heard the door closed he got out the record played and a vinyl. the room nearly looked blue because of the light coming from outside, but it made it better.

"tell me pretty lies,
look me in the face,
tell me that you love me even if it's fake,
cause i don't fucking care."

ever since he left oklahoma his bruises hadn't appeared again and he looked more healthy. he tried cutting his smoking but sometimes failed.
he had cut his old phone, not wanting to be tracked by his number.
"Cause i've got hella feelings for you, i act like i don't fucking care. cause i'm so fucking scared, i'm only a fool for you,"
but i don't fucking care, at all.
—————————
(A/N: low key mad at myself for not starting the sequel rn >:( )