ix. As Long As I Have You

At school, Julie dances up to her locker as a boy from the marching band approaches the girl and asks her to give him back his drum sticks

At school, Julie dances up to her locker as a boy from the marching band approaches the girl and asks her to give him back his drum sticks. Which she had somehow gotten during the musical number she just did in her head. After that encounter with the boy from the marching band, Julie hums and dances at her locker. Flynn walks up to the elated girl and laughs. Julie looks over at her best friend and asks, "Hey, what's up?"

Julie takes her backpack out of her locker and puts it over her shoulder as her best friend replies, "Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self."

"Thanks?" Julie questions Flynn, shaking her head.

Flynn shrugs her shoulders and asks, "So how's the band? Still hot? Still talented?" She glances around the hall before adding, "Still dead?"

Julie chuckles before responding, "Amazing. Luke, Angie, and I spent the whole weekend writing songs when the two of them weren't too busy catching up. Come on. You wanna hear some of them?"

"Duh!" Flynn tells her best friend. Julie grabs the lock out of her locker before closing and locking it.

The two best friends walk into the music room, arm in arm. Julie is waving around her other arm as she tells Flynn, "Like it was flowing through me like when I used to write with mom and Angie." Flynn walks over to the front of the piano and Julie walks over to the bench. Julie takes her backpack off of her shoulder and sits down while asking, "So, this is the first song Luke, Angie and I wrote." She takes the piano lid off of the keys while adding, "Here's a bit of the chorus." She starts to play the piano and sings, looking up at Flynn.

Julie
'Cause we're standing
On the edge of great
Great
Great

She stops playing the piano and Flynn praises, "Wow! I like it! Definite Gaga vibes."

Julie nods her head and says, "Thanks!" She then starts to talk about another song the three of them wrote together, "I think we have an anthem with this one. It's something my mom, Angie, and I were working on." Flynn gives Julie a small smile and Julie continues, "Luke helped us finish it. Check it out." She starts playing the piano and sings once again.

Julie
And it's one, two, three, four times
That I've tried for one more night
Light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind

She stops playing and Flynn nods her head while saying, "That's... that's beautiful." Julie chuckles and Flynn states, "And my girl, Angie, has got a crush, and his name is Luke. Or is it you who has a crush on Luke?"

Julie throws up her hands and freaks out, "What? No. Luke's a ghost. Angie is the one that has a crush on Luke. You can't tell anyone about that. This is a secret between me and Angie, and now you. Even if I did have a thing for Luke, which I would never, Angie is like my sister and I couldn't hurt her like that."