xvi. Perfect Harmony

At school, Julie is putting her books into her locker while a man is talking over the PA system

At school, Julie is putting her books into her locker while a man is talking over the PA system. Angelina is leaning against the lockers, humming Power of Two as she looks at the purple butterfly that is on the door of Julie's locker. Julie pulls her backpack out of her locker, causing Angelina to look over at the lifer. The curly haired girl has the black dress draped over her left arm as she uses her right hand to put her backpack on her left shoulder. Julie notices Angelina watching her so she gives the blonde a goofy look, causing the ghost to let out a laugh. Angelina looks down at the ground and a smile spreads across Julie's face as she looks into her locker before closing it.

Right as Julie closes her locker, Luke speaks up as he leans on the lockers, "Hey." Angelina whips her head up and furrows her brows at the brown haired boy while Julie lets out a gasp before she glances around the hall.

She turns back to Luke, telling him, "Normal people don't do that. And ghosts definitely shouldn't." She crosses her arms over her chest before asking, "What are you doing here?"

Luke takes a couple steps forward as he never breaks eye contact with Angelina while saying, "We need to talk about what song we're gonna play tonight." He furrows his brows and scrunches up his face, "I was thinking... Great." Julie moves over a little bit and Angelina stands behind Julie, looking at Luke over the lifer's shoulder. Luke breaks eye contact with Angelina to look at Julie, awaiting the girl's answer.

Julie smiles over at a girl who says, "Hey, Julie. What's up?"

Julie pulls out her phone and clears her throat before looking down at the device, "Hold up." She purses her lips together before she lifts the phone up to her ear.

Offended, Luke speaks up, "You're just gonna take a phone call while we're talking?" He squints his eyes at Julie and asks, "You know how rude that is?"

Angelina rolls her eyes at the brown haired boy. She knows exactly what Julie is doing. Julie has done it to the blonde many times before. The blonde girl tells Luke, "She isn't going to right out talk to you in the middle of a crowded hall. People might think she's crazy."

Julie pretends to speak into her phone, "Hey! Thanks for calling. Otherwise," she looks up at Luke, "People might think I'm talking to myself."

"Right," Luke whispers in realization. He moves over so he can stand in front of Julie and Angelina. He scrunches up his face and nods his head, whispering, "Nice."

Angelina shakes her head and smiles at Luke, who notices her and gives her a big smile. Julie speaks up, causing both ghosts to look over at the lifer, "No. But, yeah. I-I think Great is a..." She looks away and nods before looking back at Luke, tilting her head, "Great choice."

Angelina nods her head before looking over at Luke and enthusiastically says, "We should definitely do Great tonight. I've been waiting to perform that song for weeks." Luke smiles lovingly at the blonde girl.