xv. Power of Two

Back at the house, Alex, Luke, who is leaning forward with his hands on his knees, and Angelina are in the dark, sitting on the couch

Back at the house, Alex, Luke, who is leaning forward with his hands on his knees, and Angelina are in the dark, sitting on the couch. Reggie is sitting on the arm of the armchair while his feet are on the cushion. Carlos is walking around the dark living room, holding out a tablet to see if he can find the ghosts, "You can't hide forever, ghosties." He turns to face the hall and the tablet starts beeping, causing Carlos to exclaim, "Gotcha!"

The light turns on and standing in the hall is Aunt Victoria lets out a gasp. She walks up to Carlos as she says, "For the last time, mijo. Ghosts are not real."

The three ghosts look over at Reggie, who speaks up, shaking his head, "Typical adult." He turns his head to look at his best friends, asking while waving his hand around, "Do you remember when we were kids, and they never believed what we said?"

They look over to Alex, who retorts, "Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's just a you thing. Angelina and I were always pretty trustworthy."

Luke turns his head and looks to Angelina as he asks, "Shouldn't we be more worried about Julie?" Angelina slightly smiles at the brown haired boy while nodding her head. Luke turns his head and looks back at Reggie, "Her dad just busted her, okay? And he's probably making her quit the band." The blonde girl leans back into the couch with her hands crossed over her chest.

"I don't think Ray would make her do that. He loves her too much to take away something that makes her happy," Angelina speaks up as the three ghosts glance over at her.

Reggie speaks up again, causing the ghosts to turn to him, "Well, there's not much we can do about that now, but..." he points to his best friends before looking over to Carlos, "We can still help Carlos." They look over at Victoria and Carlos, who are looking at the tablet. Victoria says something to Carlos that makes him throw his head back as Reggie continues, "Adults not believing children ends tonight."

The raven haired boy turns to his friends and smirks, "Showtime." He leans back and turns off the lamp that is next to him as he watches Carlos and Victoria's reaction. When the light turns off, the two lifers look up and Victoria lets out a gasp.

Carlos rhetorically asks his tía, "Ghosts aren't real, huh? How do you explain that?" Reggie throws out his hands, awaiting to hear Victoria's explanation.

Victoria gestures to the light before resting her hand on her hip as she gives an excuse that she doesn't fully believe, "Light bulbs burn out all the time, Carlos."

"Ooh! Wrong answer, tía," Reggie retorts before he gets off of the armchair and makes his way over to the blinds behind the chair he was just sitting on. "Explain... this," he says before he starts opening and closing the blinds repeatedly. Luke crosses his arms and leans back into the couch while Alex throws up his hands, annoyed with Reggie. Luke looks over at Alex with an annoyed look on his face while Angelina's jaw drops in shock at the raven haired boy's actions.