vii. Lean on Me

The four ghosts are standing in front of the stage on the sidelines of the crowd

The four ghosts are standing in front of the stage on the sidelines of the crowd. Julie is standing up on stage and the people in the crowd are muttering to each other, asking where the other four people went. The silence is very awkward. The man in charge of the lights and sound system runs onto the stage and asks, "Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

Julie looks at the man and before she could answer him, the girl Reggie winked at speaks up, "Wait. Were those holograms?" Carrie looks at the girl, giving her an incredulous look.

Julie and the man look out at the girl wearing a purple wig. Julie then points at her and lightly chuckles, "Yes! Yes, they were holograms. Um, I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff." She gestures to the projector hanging from the ceiling and waves her arms around. At her answer, the crowd cheers and Julie looks around awkwardly.

Reggie was looking out at the crowd while the twins were smiling toward Julie. The three ghosts turn to Luke when he says in amazement, waving around his arms, "That's wild. Th-they could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

He looks over to Reggie, who then pats the brown haired boy's chest and points at him with his other hand while saying, "We should double check." The raven haired boy runs up the steps to the stage as the three other ghosts watch him. Once he reaches the top step, Reggie moves his butt around in circles. Angelina stifles a laugh and Alex looks at the boy annoyed. Reggie looks over his shoulder before turning around and heading back down the stairs while saying, "Yeah, I don't..."

He trails off until he stands next to Luke again, who looks at the bassist with furrowed eyebrows. Angelina and Alex look at Reggie, the girl with amusement and the boy with annoyance, before he continues, "I don't think they can see us." Luke keeps his furrowed gaze onto Reggie and Angelina bites her lip before smiling. Reggie turns and looks out at the crowd to see if anyone actually did notice what he had just done.

Alex looks back over at Julie before saying, "I wish I couldn't see you." Angelina, who is standing next to Alex, adverts her eyes to him. Reggie looks over at Alex, followed by Luke, who is on the other side of the blonde drummer.

The principal speaks up, addressing her students, "Okay, people, show's over." She turns around and gestures people to start moving while she says, "Let's get back to class, please."

Alex, Angelina, and Luke walk off with the other students and Reggie hangs back to try and talk to the girl with the purple wig. Luke wraps his arm around Angelina's shoulder and says, "You were really amazing out there, Angel."

Angelina looks over at him and sheepishly smiles before saying, "Thanks, but Julie absolutely killed it up there. She did way better than me."

Luke rolls his eyes before squeezing her closer to him and assuring her, "Angel, take the compliment. You were just as good as Julie, maybe even better." He looks over to the blonde girl and looks into her eyes before adding, "Don't tell her I said that, though." Angelina smiles and shakes her head before looking forward, to watch where she is walking. Alex eyes the pair and smirks knowingly. Reggie catches up to them and they walk off to surprise Julie in the hallway.