chapter 1

Y/N L/N, a name whispered in elite circles with a mixture of awe and intrigue, is more than just a scion of wealth. Born into one of the world's most affluent families, you've transcended the conventional expectations of your pedigree. Your notoriety doesn't stem from opulent lifestyles or wielding economic power; instead, it's rooted in your extraordinary gambling prowess. Your reputation precedes you as the uncanny genius who effortlessly outsmarts and outwits opponents in the high-stakes realm of gambling. To you, money and power are mere trinkets, while the true ecstasy lies in the exhilaration of the game itself. What truly gratifies you is the sheer terror that washes over your victims' faces when they realize the unforgiving depths of their misfortune.

Today marks the dawn of a new chapter in your life as you set foot into the hallowed halls of Hyakkaou Private Academy, a renowned institution not only for its academic rigor but also for its cutthroat gambling scene. While you're certainly eager to expand your horizons, foster new connections, and explore the best that this esteemed establishment has to offer, the heart of your excitement pulses with the anticipation of immersing yourself in the world of high-stakes wagers and heart-pounding bets.

But your presence at Hyakkaou Academy holds a deeper, more personal significance. It's a voyage back to your roots, a chance to reunite with a friend from your formative years, a friend who is more than just a peer but a piece of your heart – Kirari Momobami. Kirari, the illustrious leader of the Momobami clan and the 105th president of Hyakkaou, is not merely a titan in the gambling world; she's your childhood confidante. Back in those simpler times, the bond between you and Kirari was unbreakable. Every day was an adventure, filled with shared games, dreams, and even meals. Yet, it was the shared thrill of gambling that truly bound you two together. High stakes and bold bets were your playground, and in that world, you and Kirari were unrivaled.

But the idyllic chapter of your shared adventures came crashing to a bitter end on that fateful day. As you both sat in Kirari's room, engrossed in a game, the door suddenly exploded open with a thunderous bang. Your parents stormed in, their expressions grave, their actions swift as they unceremoniously plucked you away from the table. Both you and Kirari cried out in confusion and despair, voices filled with desperate questions about why they were wrenching you apart. It was only later that your parents revealed the agonizing truth – you wouldn't be able to see Kirari for a long, indeterminate time.

The memories of those last moments with Kirari have remained etched in your mind, a poignant reminder of a friendship severed by the cruel whims of fate. And now, as you embark on your journey at Hyakkaou Academy, you can't help but wonder if destiny has a more intricate plan for the two of you, a chance for your paths to cross once more amidst the high-stakes world of ambition, competition, and unrelenting desire that defines this prestigious institution.