~ espionage ~

Bruce Springsteen ~ Im On Fire

"At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet,

And a freight train running through the,

Middle of my head,

Only you can cool my desire."

Anthony Dinozzo stood staring at his boss like he was real life Captain America or something, mouth agape and eyes wide. Leroy Jethro Gibbs ignored his agent and instead sipped on his fourth cup of coffee, maintaining eye contact with me.

I raise my eye brows up in response to his intense stare, his piercing eyes honestly not bothering me, "Jethro-"

That catches Anthony's attention, "He goes by Gibbs,"

Taking in a deep breath, I send him a vicious glare, "Do I look like I give two shits about what he 'goes by'?" I rhetorically ask, not a single hint of emotion lining my words.

"No Ma'am-"

"Do not fucking call me that."

"Sorry Miss-"

I turn my menacing look to Jethro, my hazel eyes meeting his icy blue orbs, "If you don't smack him I will," I threaten, "Although I don't feel like being charged with assaulting a federal agent. "

Jethro glancing at Anthony then back at me, "You are a federal agent." He simply states.

Anthony feigns offense, "Don't encourage her."

I shake my head, "Smack him, I am not part of your country, I'm a Agent not a federal agent."

"Espionage?"

"Personal time."

"You are here legally though?"

"I wouldn't have let you in my house if I wasn't."

Jethro stays silent, a small smirk curling on the corner of his lips. Anthony looks between the two of us, a smirk of his own making a way to his lips.

"Now Jethro," I start again, "I-"

"Since you are an Agent we are going to need you to come in and brief your boss of your situation. We can set up MTAC if you'd like?" He interrupts, raising a eyebrow.

"MTAC stands fo-"

"Multiple Threat Alert Center," I finish for very special agent Anthony Dinozzo well I pour Jethro another cup of coffee, ignoring the shake of Anthony's head, "I would appreciate that thank you."

Jethro nods, then points to Anthony, "He is right, everyone calls me Gibbs." He says downing his coffee.

"Do you mind that I call you Jethro?" I ask, amusement finally shining through my words.

He stares at me for a moment, then shakes his head, "We'll show ourselves out."

*

"I am here on personal time," I calmly state, hoping my director understands and doesn't try to push me into this opt. I'm closer to her objective then she is aware.

Director Henson sighs, setting down her pen, "Well are you able to muscle in work?" She questions.

"Espionage is illegal in America." Anthony piped up from beside me.

"That is why the Americans hire us." I retort, not even sparring him a glance. The director shoots me a glare that I meet head on, not even daring to back down. We were both aware I could both take her and her job any day without even trying which is probably the reason she looked away first. She was damn lucky I liked being in the field.

"Agent-"

"Special Agent-" he corrects, not that I blame him. My own director pisses me off and she's my boss. Goes to show how well I am with authority.

"Anthony would you leave us alone?"

He tended but nods curtly, "Of course Simone." He might just be growing on me. It takes him a couple seconds to exit the room completely but as soon as the door clicks behind him the director is back to business.

"Are you infiltrated?" She questions. Alright, the bitch is deaf.

"I believe I informed you that I am in the states for a personal matter."

"Yo-"

"Director, I called to inform you of my situation, nothing more nothing less. I've been on personal leave for over a year and will take as much time as I fit as per the orders of the Foreign Secretary, who you report to. So if you have any questions please fill free to call Michelson." Nodding to the computer geek, I stand perfectly still until the NCIS logo pops onto the oversized screen.

Shaking my head in disbelief, I let out a sigh, "Thank you," I mumble towards the computer geek club earning nods in return.

"Well it's nice to know that we have one less spy on our soil." A deep rich voice booms through the room. Swiveling on my heel I turn to meet dark brown eyes.

I nod my head in respect, "Director Vance."

*

He shrugs carelessly, pouting his bottom lip "I don't want anything," he admits.

I chill runs down my spine, this wasn't going to end good, "Then why the hell are you holding a gun to my girlfriends head!" Mathew exclaims. Before anyone could respond, a shot rings out, Mathew's body falling to the ground.

Screams ring through the forest, a loud sob wracking its way through Jenna as she crumples to the ground, half crawling half jogging towards her boyfriends limp body. Another shot rings out and just like that, she fell backwards, her blood glistening from the flames of the fire.

Thomas and Sabrina stood eerily still, Ry not daring to take her eyes off of Jenna's dead body, her sickly white pale skin shining in the moonlight.

"Arabella," I moan in annoyance, reaching up and slapping whoever dare wake me up. I wasn't mad they woke me up from the dream I was mad they woke me up. Sleep didn't come easy, so if it meant suffering through nightmares then so be it.

"Ow, shit, mo-"

"Language," Timothy interrupted Anthony. I met the whole team last night, Director Vance decided to let me help on this case. I personally think he wanted to keep a eye on me. Good thing I wanted to keep a eye on him too.

"If you all do not shut your fucking mouths I will shoot you, I have immunity, don't fucking test me." I grumble, pulling whatever was keeping me warm tighter around me.

It goes silent and I smile slightly almost drifting off to sleep when Jethro's voice sounds through the bullpen, "I thought I told you guys to wake her?"

"She has immunity." Ellie remarks from her desk. Jethro hums in reply before the room falls into silence.

The sound of footsteps padding against the floor meet my ears before they stop. It's silent for another second and I almost fall asleep until the aroma of coffee fills my senses. My eyes pop open, my eyes meeting Jethro's. I squint at him then search the room for the aroma only to find him holding coffee in front of me.

I don't say a word but take the coffee from his right hand, placing my right hand in his left as he helps me up from the floor. I must have fell asleep here last night well I was looking through Mathews personnel files.

Downing the coffee, I hand the cup to Agent Gibbs before I turn to Eleanor, "Ellie," I acknowledge.

"Elle." She jokes, pointing to her go bag on the side of her desk.

I nod in thanks and grab the bag, making my way towards the bathroom.