~ they'll kill you ~

The Cinematic  Orchestra ~ To Build a Home

"And, I built a home
For you
For me
Until it disappeared
From me
From you
And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust "

"Ms. Tavia, what is going on?"

I look up at Vance then around the room at Jethro's team. Leaning back onto Vance's desk, I take a sip of my coffee that McGee so kindly brought to me. "The Mossad director is essentially my boss." I start, earning looks, "I mentioned to Jethro that I know Miss David, Ziva. When we were children, Ziva, Talia and I were-"

Anthony steps up, "Ziva. Our Ziva?"

I nod, "We grew up together. Joined Mossad together. Cried over Talia together. Shared an apartment. Secrets. Dreams. Everything. Ziva came here, I joined MI5, both undercover. Ziva fell in love with you all. Anthony especially. She couldn't finish her mission and that was okay because she didn't have to. I finished my mission, a year ago." I pause, breaking eye contact with Jethro, "America has a tendency to hire assassins from other countries as a way to, I'm not sure, not have people's deaths traced back to them. My last assignment was not the best. Things went south and I ended up killing more people than was planned. I left nothing behind, in fact I'm the best of the best-"

"Don't get cocky." Anthony mumbles.

I ignore him, "The foreign secretary sent me to the states. I wanted to trust him and think this was all over but I have an inkling feeling he sold information to my targets second in command and they are all after me. Now I wouldn't tell you this if I didn't think you'd all be involved right now. They bugged Jethro's phone which means they are going to make this a slow death. Killing the people they assume I care for which in that case would be you guys." I watch carefully, each reaction they gave being what I expected.

Abby was covering her mouth in horror. Anthony was deep in thought, his face serious for once. McGee was ignoring the facts and throwing himself into the the technical aspects of my monologue, studying the bug that was found in Jethro's phone. Ellie was leaving against the wall with a blank expression. Ducky stayed silent but the fear was clear in his face, more for us then himself. Palmer had a frozen shocked face. Jethro didn't look surprised at all, and I knew he knew it was going to be something like this.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Anthony makes eye contact with me, "Why would they assume you cared for us?"

I take a deep breath, barely noticeable to anyone, and nod my head towards Vance, "I have family in DC."

It took a moment but the shock finally graced his face, "Oh my god." He whispers out.

Ellie sighs, "Vance in the bio dad." It wasn't a question.

"My director wants me to kill him." I state bluntly, "She's not aware of the relation we share. Vance wasn't aware till today. Abigale and Jethro knew after Abigale figured it out."

McGee doesn't glance up from the broken cellphone, "So why are you here than."

"Jethro low key blackmailed me." Jethro gives me a hard look, "And I know my Director will send someone else to kill him and as horrendous of a father he is I do not wish death upon him."

"OH MY GOD!" Abby finally speaks, "OH MY GOD SOMEONES TRYING TO KILL US!"

I nod, "Anyway that was it. Be safe. Be vigilant. Don't mention this to anyone or I will kill you personally."

"Don't threaten my agents."

"Don't tell me what to do."

Abby takes a deep breath, "Don't act like my dad now. I wasn't aware of your existence. It wasn't hard to figure it out. Why is this the topic? Don't shut me out. Don't expect me to let you in." She stops for a second, "We don't like it when papa Vance fights with sissy Bella."

Vance and I make eye contact but he breaks it first, "I'm going to have to talk to your boss."

"I would suggest that if you wanna make it home to your family tonight you act as if you aren't aware your life is in jeopardy."

Ellie nods, "She is right. If they know you know they'll kill you so you don't tell."

Vance glances between us two before making eye contact with Jethro who nods slightly. He takes that as an answer and nods to us all, "Okay."

I nod, "Okay."

*

"You know drinking bourbon and building boats is kind of my thing."

I don't glance up at the voice and instead continue the sanding on my boat, "I'm drinking whiskey." I mumble, slightly defensive.

"You do know he would have found out eventually."

I nod, "It wasn't necessarily hard."

"You couldn't have expected him to look when he didn't know to look."

"I know. Rule #4, don't expect, go for it or let it go. I let it go."

"Then why are you here?"

I slide down harshly, my face growing stoic.

He holds up his hands in surrender, "Don't take your anger out on the boat."

"I don't want to take it out on you."

We stay silent for a moment, and I feel him walk up behind me, "I don't want you to hold it in. If that means screaming and yelling at me than I want you to."

I turn around but lean against my boat when I realize how close he was to me. My eyes flick to his lips then back to his eyes ever so quickly my own parting slightly my head tilting to the side. Jethro places his hand on my cheek, his thumb resting against my bottom lip. I furrow my eyes slightly but don't comment as he slides his thumb over my lip.

"Or you could do something else to ease your anger." Two fingers pinch my bottom lip together slightly, "Like movies or music or..." He trials off his other hand wrapping around my waist, "Other things."

I go to bite my lip but his fingers stop the movement. Then it happens. His mouth falls upon mine in a haste, lips hard against one another. I grip his shirt tightly, standing in my toes to press my lips harder into his.

He pulls back slightly, "Jump please." He murmurs against my lips and I don't hesitate, wrapping my legs around him. He turns my around, slamming my into the wall. I wrap my arms around his neck, one of my hands wrapping into Jethro's silver hair.

He trials kisses down my neck, sucking hard in a few places leaving little love bites all over. He kisses down the navel of my chest warning breathless moans from me. I lean my head head against the wall, already lost in the passion, the feeling of him.

Are clothes are on the ground in seconds, and in a couple more I'm on my now empty work table since he threw everything off of it. And Jethro wasn't gentle, he knew I needed this and he knew how to give it.

In the end my hands hurt from gripping the table to tight. My body was littered in love bites. I was sore, oh so sore and Jethro didn't hesitate to wrap me in his arms and carry me to my room. Holding me gently through the night.