Chapter 11: Meeting New Friends

POV Y/n

I looked at the writing, and it read, "This world is beautiful, but why must we be treated differently? But maybe...maybe I" The writing looked rushed after that, and I couldn't make out the rest. I stood up and looked around to see who may have written this but found no one. Then darkness consumed me. I blacked out, and I only heard the faint voice of Grizz.

Grizz: Damn! Y/n!? MY WEAPONS!!!!

I don't know how long I was out, but it felt like hours, even days, had passed when I woke up.

Y/n: what? What's going on?

I looked around to have found myself in what looked like a massive dump site, but it had buildings made out of what materials were around. It looked like a civilization, which was the good news, but the bad news was I felt blood going down my head, and I fell.

???: AHHHHHHH!!!!! IT'S A GRIZZ EMPLOYEE!!!!!! EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!!!! GRAB THE EGGS!! SAMAYAKI!!! GET SAMAYAKI!!!

???: huh? What's going on, Chamu?

That was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

{Timeskip brought to you and sponsored to you by Grizz Co. The best damn business around town, we are not doing anything sketch! Just believe us!}

I opened my eyes and saw an unfamiliar ceiling, and then I saw a girl pop her head into view.

???: You're finally awake!

Then I saw another face but this time, a Chum pop up into view.

Y/n: AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Chum: AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The Chum jumped away from the bed, and I got up quickly and hit heads with the girl knocking her off her feet.

Y/n: oh shit! Sorry!

I quickly looked at the girl. My vision started to focus on the girl. She has orange hair, grayish skin tone with some black tones, one green eye, and a red one, and she wears what looked to be torn clothes of some sort with sweat pants. She has a tail with an orange fin going down it.

Girl: Ow...

Y/n: Oh shit, I'm sorry! Are you ok?

Chum: AHHHHHHH THE GRIZZ CO EMPLOYEE HURT SAMAYAKI!!!

Samayaki: Chamu! I'm fine! Sorry about Chamu. He's somewhat overprotective.

Y/n: Yeah, it's okay. But are you ok?

Samayaki: Yeah, I'm fine. Oh! It would help if you changed out of that Grizz uniform. People around here don't like Grizz co. that much here.

Y/n: Oh yeah, I'll change, but first, are you an evolved Salmonid?

Samayaki: Yeah! You could say that! I personally wouldn't call myself an evolved salmonid, though.

Y/n: Sooo, If you're an evolved Salmonid, why do we workers not see you?

Samayaki: We tend to be the caretakers of the eggs because you know Salmons tend to-

Y/n: Oh, so you're tenacity the same type of species as the passed Salmons that we humans lived with, I take it?

Samayaki: Huh? Were you friends with our ancestors? Oh, what were they like!

Y/n: They were good? Like very good actually...damn, I miss salmon...

Samayaki: Well, I guess we didn't change much then! We could also be friends if you missed them!

Y/n: Shit, I said that out loud! Yeah, there were good fishes? and small, yeah that's right. Totally not talking about something else, oh and yeah, I wouldn't mind being friends with you; I need to get home soon, though.

Samayaki: Aww going so soon? How about I show you around before you go?

Y/n: I mean...Eh, I guess. It's not like I've been gone for days.

Samayaki: Alright, let's have some fun. We have some excellent food too!

Y/n: Oh yeah? What do you guys eat?

Samayaki: we eat lots of crusty like shrimp and krill, we eat some of the food that the Inkling and Octolings eat, but we don't know what they're called. Oh, our architect is fascinating too!

As I looked around, it looked like they choose to build out of the garbage that they found and used as a building material with some exceptions like some ancient metal used in human architecture, like old Shipping containers made with some scrap metal. I even saw a hose made up of glass bottles. I mean, it was opaque so that you couldn't see through it, but it was interesting seeing the use of all the trash of the humans and inklings. They indirectly created an ecosystem better than we humans could have created. The inkling and Octoling throw away, then it gets in the ocean, and the salmonid collects them to make housing and other things. I mean, the salmonid created plastic bricks to build up their walls.

Y/n: You guys are really resourceful using the trash that floats in the sea and uses it for your buildings. It's quite creative, how you live. I look up to it. We, humans, have almost always strived to accomplish this. Yet we consistently have failed witch explains why we are not here anymore.

Samayaki's smile slowly faded, and she looked down under her breath. She said, "Im sorry for your loss."

Y/n: Oh, sorry! I kind of killed the mood. Anyway, let us continue to look around this place. Really interests me. It gives me so much hope for the future of the current inhabitants of this beautiful world.

Y/n gave Samayaki a small smile, Samayaki in return game Y/n a big happy smile. The tension disappeared.

Samayaki: If you look to the right, we have a small shop that sells, joe! My friends and I go there to hang out with the few Octolings that help our kind get here because this is one of the biggest paradises of our kind. The octolings help us stay hidden with there tec they have. They also bring the other trash island here. Oh! Here comes one now!

Samayaki pointed towards an island of trash that was being pushed by these mech looking things. The trash island softly hit the current island we were at. The mechs went around the island they were moving and connected it to the main island, and we saw one octoling and an evolved salmonid.

Evolved Salmonid: Thanks, Bob!

Bob: No problem, Lulu!

Lulu: I told you that only my close friends can call me that!

Bob: Oh, come on, Lucy, how long have we been punching islands to the main island together! We've been doing it since forever!

Y/n: Wait, what?!

Bob and Lucy both looked in my direction. Bob was confused. Lucy tensed up and looked at me with an angry look.

Lucy: YOU! WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

Y/n: Well, Lucy, you just f-ed up there. Now with that reaction, I can confirm that you are the Lucy I know. You do realize that you look completely different than your inkling version? Right?

Lucy: IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!

*dun dun dun*

what will happen now that Y/n now knows who Lucy really is? Find out next time on DRAGON BALL Z!!!! Oh, I mean, FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON SPLATOON 2!!!!!

*disappears in a fireball*

1163: Words