Chapter 4

Penelope's POV: Lightning flashed behind me through the living room widow as I leaned forward in my seat. "And he was never heard of again", Mg finished, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Am I supposed to be scared", I asked as he deflated.

"This is lame", he complained as he leaned back in his seat with a groan. "I just wish the power would hurry up and come back on", he moaned, causing me to roll my eyes.

"My turn", I smirked, causing him to sigh.

"Let me guess. It was a dark and stormy night", he said sarcastically.

"No. The sky was pretty clear, and the weather was in the mid-eighties", I hummed, causing him to send me a curious look. "Jacob's wife had sent him to the grocery store to get the milk for the apple pie. He was able to get the milk, but his car broke down on his way home-"

"Of coarse it did-"

"Shut up, Mg", I warned, glaring at him sharply. "His car broke down on his way home, so he tries calling his wife to come pick him up, but he couldn't find his phone", I explained. "With his house only a block or two away, he decided to just walk home and come back for the car tomorrow morning. But as soon as he stepped out of the car, he could just feel it. The feeling...", I said.

"He was being watched", I stated, causing Mg to lean forward slightly, causing me to smile internally. "The further he walked away from his car, the stronger this feeling seemed to grow. Finally gaining up the nerve, he turns around to see a young lady walking down the sidewalk a little ways behind him", I said.

"He knew right away that there was something...wrong about this woman. Her hair was almost matted to her head and she had a slight limp to her walk. With the gallon of milk in his hands, he sped up, trying to get away from this strange lady, but something kept telling him to turn around...that there was something wrong", I explained, trying to keep the smile off my face as Mg's eyes widened. "When he turned around...", I trailed off before letting out an ear splitting scream, causing Mg to scream and jump behind the couch.

I threw my head back in laughter as he glared at me in annoyance. "That wasn't scary. That was straight up evil", he complained, causing me to snicker as I looked down at my watch.

"Shit. I have to get home", I said, getting to my feet.

"In this weather? It's a tsunami out there", he pointed out.

"I'll be fine. I'll be careful", I promised as I grabbed my keys off the counter. "Bye, Mg", I waved, laughing to myself as his hand waved at me above the couch. Shaking my head, I opened the door before walking out onto the porch as I quickly made my way to the car.

Getting behind the wheel, I started the car before pulling out of Mg's driveway as I turned on the windshield wipers.

The drive back to the house was silent except for the rain pouring down relentlessly outside. Hope's expecting me home for some kind of movie night, but the only thing I wanted to do was take a nice shower and get in the bed.

Continuing down a sharp curve boredly, I caught a glimpse of something in the middle of the road, causing me to squint. Must be debris of some ki-

My eyes widened as I slammed on the brakes, swerving off the road as my car came to a stop. Breathing heavily, I glanced behind me, my heart threatening to beat out of my chest, before quickly getting out of the car. The rain immediately soaked through my clothes, causing me to shiver as I made my way toward the road hesitantly. Approaching the figure cautiously, my hand flew to my mouth as I made out a bloodied hand.

"No. No. No. Please be alive...please be alive", I panicked, bending down next to them as I looked them over worriedly.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I turned on the flashlight before jumping back with a scream as I noticed that their eyes were wide open, staring up at me. Placing a hand over my chest, I let out a huff of air as they blinked. "Are...are you okay", I asked them shakily. "I didn't...", I trailed off, swallowing thickly as they stared back at me blankly.