How it all begun - Part 2

Zain and Aqsa had been sworn enemies from the word go. They couldn't even get along for a single minute. They didn't even have any idea why there was so much animosity between them, it was just one of those relations apparently.

"Out of all the several balloons, this is the one you had to get into right?" Shouts Aqsa angrily. "Come on girls, we'll just go into another one. I don't want to ruin my beautiful moment with these weirdos."

But as she was about to clamber out of the balloon, she realised that the balloon had already started lifting off, and the long queue of people were all waiting for their turn so they'd be losing out and waiting for a long time if they got out, not to mention they might even break their necks with the fall, even if the ground still looked close enough to jump on.

She sighed in frustration and got back in. Her friends stared at her questioningly. She beckoned them towards her and told them, "we'll just pretend they're not there and enjoy the ride as we had planned In Shaa Allah."

Suhaila, Manaal and Eliza agreed hurriedly. They had been looking forward to the balloon ride and didn't want to forfeit it for something so trivial.

They were now in the air, floating over the earth and it was the most mesmerising feeling ever! The breathtakingly beautiful view and gentle breeze blowing into their face gave them a sense of calm despite being miles up in the air.

Manaal was holding onto the rope when suddenly one of the boys, Armaan, bumped her. She gave a gasp and shoved him away from her. She was known to be very temperamental.

Armaan looked at her in shock. It seemed to be the first time a girl had ever done that to him! He pushed her and she pushed him back so hard that he lost his balance and fell into Daniel. Daniel angrily got up and pushed Suhaila. Suhaila, who was always the timid one of the friends, whimpered and moved away from all of them, which wasn't far since they were all stuck together in the scarce space in the balloon. Soon, all of them were fighting and hitting at each other.

"STOP! STOP! NOW!" The balloon aeronaut shouted after having had enough patience. The air balloon wobbled dangerously with the hectic activity going on.

They all broke apart and looked at each other, panting with anger. The boys' hair was dishevelled, their jackets crooked. The girls' hijabs (scarves) were awkwardly strewn but thankfully still on their heads.

They all had the tendency to look ashamed as the aeronaut lectured them on behaviour and discipline. But as soon as his back was turned, Aqsa and Zain looked daggers at each other.

The petty rivalry cum school feud was getting more severe as time went by. They had no idea the big shock that was in store for them as the school year came to an end.