~ Chapter #2 ~

WRITER'S NOTE
Hello everyone, please let the votes and comments keep on raining! 😉

RECAP
Mr Green-Brown Eyes realises Samara is talking to him and turns around to face her.

"YOUUU!!"

Aqsa looked from one to the other. What was going on here? Why did these 2 look like they knew each other? Samara hadn't mentioned anyone she knew was in the University with them.

Aqsa wondered what a boring life would be like? With the way life was continuously throwing surprises at her, she didn't think she would ever know!

"Aqsa meet my cousin, Salman," Samara said, narrowing her eyes.

"Cousin?!! You're looking at him with so much dislike, I was beginning to think he's a long lost enemy!" Aqsa burst out with a giggle, covering her mouth with her hand.

"It's not dislike, it's irritation, frustration, exasperation, annoyance, vexation...."

"Ahem! I'm right here you know," interrupted Salman, pointing at himself and raising an eyebrow.

"That's the problem isn't it? That you're right here?" sighed Samara. "We had agreed we'll stay out of each other's way. And here you are, already appearing everywhere."

"I have no fascination with you, despite what you think. It's a coincidence to have run into you, which is bound to happen, since we're in the same university and share a campus and classes," scornfully replies Salman, rolling his eyes. "But rest assured, it doesn't mean I'm keeping tabs on you." With that parting comment, he lifts his hand in a wave and walks away without looking back again.

"Grrrrrrrrrr" Samara lifts her hands to her head to pull her hair, remembers she's wearing a hijab and pulls that instead.

Aqsa looks at her questioningly.

"I'll explain while we walk to class or we'll be so late, we'll end up missing the entire period," huffs Samara.

They walk briskly within the throng of students and are quickly swallowed up in the crowd rushing in various directions, heading to their respective classes.

"Salman is my mother's sister's son. His family lives half an hour's drive away from mine. We've grown up together. His mom and my mom are quite close. Remember I told you I had to plead with my family to allow me to stay at the university? They agreed on one condition. Salman would have to keep an eye on me at all times. He would report to my parents if I even tried to get out of hand. I resisted at first, but to fulfil my dream of being here, I had no choice but to accept the condition." Samara is totally out of breath by the time they reach their classroom and slip in quickly to find a place at the back.

Aqsa looks at her friend sympathetically. She knew what it felt like. She had the same issues in high school. Even now, Ahaan would keep popping up out of nowhere to see she wasn't getting up to any mischief! She knew he was worried about her, but sometimes it got claustrophobic!

She was about to continue their conversation, but the teacher raised his hand for silence and started writing on the whiteboard, indicating for them to copy. So she squeezed Samara's shoulder and mouthed, "Later."

After a long day of class after class, rushing in-between classes to the dorm room to pray, grabbing quick bites at the canteen, finishing up due work at the library, finishing up the pending talk with Samara and signing up for the Drama club, Aqsa finally had time for a nice hot shower before she collapsed in bed with her phone.