~ Chapter #3 ~

Writer's Note
So if that wasn't a cliffhanger, what is? 😉 Haha don't worry, I won't harm anyone...just yet! 😈 I'm still welcoming any ideas, plot twists etc so please continue commenting, whether it's negative or positive criticism. And please please share my book widely. Thank you ❤️

RECAP
Samara nodded in agreement and they headed out. They were fortunate to get an empty table near the door in the otherwise totally crowded canteen.

Aqsa sat while Samara went to get their order. She went through her phone to catch up on her WhatsApp messages.

Suddenly a loud bang was heard. Everyone was startled and went completely quiet. A few minutes later, a piercing scream ripped the silent air.

The whole canteen went wild, everyone rushing outside to see what the commotion was all about. Aqsa craned her neck. Their table near the door provided a pretty good view, though it was blocked with the crowd right now. She gave up and tried to find Samara in the chaos. Knowing Samara and her curious nature, Aqsa wouldn't be surprised if she had headed outside too.

Aqsa decided to stand on her chair. Maybe that would give her an added advantage. She peered over all the heads, making out a mop of wavy brown her in the midst. The only person she knew with wavy brown hair in her stay so far at the university was He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named errr a certain Salman. What was he up to now, she wondered.

"Can you believe these people? No respect for women at all! They can't even let a lady pass through! It's like having a herd of cows or no, not cows, bulls! Yes definitely bulls!" Samara's tirade continued as she slipped into the chair across Aqsa and sipped at her coffee sulkily.

Aqsa watched her friend with amusement. She had been right about Samara wanting to know what's going on and trying to find out. It didn't seem like she had succeeded though!

The students were all coming back inside, muttering amongst themselves. Aqsa caught bits of conversation.

"He shouldn't have fired it...."

"How was he allowed to bring that in? He could......"

"Why would he do that infront of...."

Despite herself, Aqsa was curious. As the crowd thinned, she gestured to Samara to follow her and headed outside with her coffee.

Salman was standing with his head down and hands in his pockets. Right across from him was a tall, slim girl with her arms folded across her chest, something red splattered on her pretty floral shirt and who was literally trembling with anger. In between them was a teacher, Mr Alfred, trying to mediate, apparently.

Aqsa flattened herself against the wall and pulled Samara next to her so they were hidden from view. She didn't think Mr Alfred would allow them to be spectators in this conflict. He was probably the reason why the rest of the students had headed back inside, and who were currently, openly viewing the scene from inside the cafeteria!

"Salman, explain yourself," commanded Mr Alfred.

"Sir, it's just a toy gun! It makes a bang sound and squirts water, I didn't mean any harm."

"And since when has water been a red colour?"

Salman looked uncomfortable and mumbled inaudibly. Mr Alfred put his hand behind his ear and asked, "Could you say that louder please?"

Salman cleared his throat and looked at the cafeteria, well aware of all the boys and girls listening to him with rapt attention. He pulled his gaze away and back to Mr Alfred, who was looking at him unblinkingly.